C4 Picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

meexi
My Cars:

C4 Picasso

Post by meexi »

auto express has the first test of the C4 Picasso looks a cracker of a car,
Exclusive models get air suspension at the rear i would have thought that it should have C5 suspension since the technology is already working
2004 C3 XTR HDI 16V 92bhp
2004 Xsara Picasso Exclusive HDI 16V 110bhp
1989 Peugeot J5 Hymer B694 2.5td intercooled 8v 96bhp
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Indeed. The suspension part is what worries me. :(
I've checked many websites from Citroën, and al mention an air suspension, not an HP one.
The pump system of the C5/C6 is very compact, and even more compact can be for powering only 2 rear rams. Even the spheres could be shared between the C5 and C4 Picasso.
Al the technoogy is there for Citroën, why go back 50 years of development?
It'll be a sad sad day when a Cit will no longer have an HP suspension. :cry::cry::cry:
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Is the air suspension something that is new to Citroen?

Could it be they are finding a very limited demand nowadays for the HP suspension? (too complicated for people to risk?)

Possible trying to make it less complicated to attract buyers into the cars again?

Would their be a massive amount of 'feel/comfy' difference between using fluid/gas than air?
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Air suspension is used on loads of things like Range Rovers, now a Bosch system but originally a bought in design given to Lucas to manufacture - and which failed frequently.

Hydropneumatic copes with load by in effect lengthening the mechanism to raise the car and further compressing the gas in the spheres - air suspension raises the system pressure which may be more suitable for these vehicles.
jeremy
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The New mk 3 citroen Relay van on the way soon also has air suspension at the rear.