2.1td intercooler pipe

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

all sorted now i was in a scrappy getting some seats from a 2000 plate xantia to replace my worn Alcantara ones and i spotted a 2.1td engine in a skip which had the pipe that i needed, when i removed the old one it was Completely snapped off, no wonder the car was feeling a bit flat.....goes like stink now :D

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

brilianty good job i hope you got the bracket at the same time
regards malcolm
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

yes got the bracket as well, i've never seen a car blow out as much smoke as mine did when i went for a spin the smoke was so black that i couldn't see behind, seems to have cleared now :D
some of these scrap people are such burgulars he said to me why don't you just buy the whole engine to which i replied "is it a runner being suspicuse as it was in a skip" , yep was running fine when we removed it was the reply, had a closer look and on the engine block near the sump was a hole larger than your fist, i dont think so :lol:
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Ah but an engine can run quite well with no oil in it for a very long time.

I had a Transit R plate 2.5 NA that was dry when i took her on at telewest as its one of the first things i checked as it was on the handover list i couldnt miss it anyway but it was a bit worrying... about 30k later the engine spat a conrod out the side of the block and the piston became a permanent feature in the head. Fair do's to the engine, ran on the other 2 cylinders until i got to polar ford to declare it a write off :D

If it had the injection pump and turbo on it i would have stripped them off as they are worth a bit in the used market...