Activa Turbo problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dieseldoggy
My Cars:

Post by dieseldoggy »

handyman wrote:Consultation with a higher authority points to a resolution to the problem, with my Activa, not other matters.

Apparently, there is a small device fitted on or near to the turbo or manifold, called an 'E' valve which may have jammed open. I understand from the mec' that it may act as a bypass, in addition to the wastegate controlling manifold pressure.

I will have a crawl about under the car this afternoon to see if I can find it and fix it. Will keep you posted.

Handyman
I think hes refering to the EGR valve? exhaust gas recirculating valve.opens when inlet manifold vacuum is higher ie when you lift off throttle so unburn't gasses go back through engine! they get crudded up esp if running abit rich on fuel esp with diesels ie pug non turbo engine as helped someone with prob. boy was some cack in it! if open just keeps sending cack round&round.
xantia 19td estate 96-7
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Luckily the Activa doesnt have EGR.

He may have been refering to the boost control valve (there is no other control apart from the actuator on the wastegate), when they fail which is common on other cars, they can fail open and cause low boost, but if they fail in the shut position you'll get lots of boost.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spud
My Cars:

Post by Spud »

Any idea where this boost control valve is? I took the turbo hose off, and gave it some revs and there was not a lot of air blowing out of it. So it sounds like it could be the problem.....(or possibly one of many :cry: )

All the best

Spud 8)
1996 Xantia 2.0CT Estate
1997 Toyota Hilux Surf 3.0TD
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

You wont get much air at idle because the engine needs to be under load to produce boost. The boost control valve is bolted near the OS susepension sphere.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;