Xantia Rear Bumper Removal? - help please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nesssalmon

Xantia Rear Bumper Removal? - help please

Post by nesssalmon »

Hi

I need to remove my xantia rear bumper, I have removed all of the screws and bolts as recommended by good old Haynes... then it says 'remove the 4 bolts from the underneath' . I cannot see any more retaining bolts underneath? The bumper seems quite loose. Am I missing something? :?:

Xantia SX TD Estate P 1996 (with citroen towar and elec fitted)

Many Thanks :wink:
Robert
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi Nesssalmon

Is your car an estate or hachback becuse the hatchback does not have the 4 bolts underneath so it should just pull off its only the estate models that have the four bolts. but make sure you,ve taken out the little securing clips at the side,s and the central securing screw

hope this helps

Pete......................
Last edited by pete@co.uk on 03 Sep 2006, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
Drives
51 Reg Citroen C5 SX 2.0 16v
nesssalmon

Estate

Post by nesssalmon »

Hi Pete it is the estate.

Do you know where the 4 bolts are situated? Are they the same as the tow bar bolts by any chance?

Many Thanks
Robert
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

Hi Nesssalmon

No there not the same as the towbar bolts normally about 12 mm i think but looking at the haynes manual there,s four bolts one underneath and one just inside the boot lid behind a cover take a look at the pics in your haynes manual and follow that ive never taken off a estate rear bumper before but i replaced the front bumper on my xantia following those instructions there and it says remove the front bumper rear securing bolt and there,s a pic but when i came to do it there was no bolt there,

so im suggesting if you have all the bolts and screws out there should be 4 bolts and 3 screws and 2 plastic clips the rear bumper should come off i think the haynes manual is refering to the four main bolts two ether side one inside the boot and one underneath

pete...............................
Drives
nesssalmon

Thanks

Post by nesssalmon »

Many thanks Pete.

You were spot on. :D The bolts I needed to undo were 2 bolts under the cargo holders on the left and right sides inside the car.

Mr Haynes really wasn't on good form with his description. Hope fully this will help someone else who has the same problem.

The only problem is the dent in the hardned plastic (the black part) that i thought would just pop out, didn't and i think I have made it look worse :cry:

Maybe i'll get a new/second hand bumper.... in admiral blue :!: ..i'll be lucky, but at least I know how to fit the new one.

Cheers, this is a great forum.
Robert
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Have you undone the bolts on the inside of the rear whellarches, you need to take the wheel arch trims off to gain access to them. Also there is a bolt that lock the bumper in place, near where the towbar joins the side plates.
1xAmi,3xGS,2xBx,2xAX,2xSaxo,1xXantia mk I,2xXantia MkII,1xC1,2xC2,
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

Hi Nesssalmon

Great im pleased you got it worked out in the end :D.
good job done!

Pete.............................
Drives