ML5T gearbox filler plug

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

handyman
My Cars:

ML5T gearbox filler plug

Post by handyman »

Hi, anybody know where the filler plug is on an ML5T gearbox, the type fitted to an Activa.
BOL only shows earlier or lesser gearboxes.

Handyman
frankielunn

Post by frankielunn »

If its any help i just changed my oil on a 2.0 litre 16v xantia,i took the nearside wheel off and looked at the end of the gearbox facing you... there are 3 bolts looking at you the bigger one is the filler, i think a 16m socket it did it tho i can't be sure now.
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Hi frankielunn,
Thanks for the reply but the 'box on Activa is ML5T and I have found out where it is! Back of the 'box, on the diff casing. I sometimes wonder if the designers at PSA have a warped sense of humour, with some of the bad designs they come up with.

Handyman
frankielunn

Post by frankielunn »

ok handyman glad you found it...i must admit it took me awhile to find mine and i was searching in the area you mentioned but was careful not to open too many bolts as i found out to my cost once upon a time.there are 2 sump plugs on my sump and i took both off and only put one back and filled her up forgetting to replace both good job i didnt drive away before i noticed a big puddle forming on my drive.