ZX Rear Brake Swap

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fleask

ZX Rear Brake Swap

Post by fleask »

Back story(ignore this :wink: )...
My '95 Citroen ZX Memphis TD blew another head gasket, and lacking the knowledge or garage to replace it I decided to buy another car. While searching for E36 BMW's* on ebay I went crazy and bought a 200,000 mile (60k on the engine) K reg Volcane TD for £150 Quid taxed and tested to november. I went to pick it up, and the 300 mile trip back was....... interesting. The rear subframe & its mounts are knackered - it steers by itself, makes horrible noises and the wheels have some negative camber stuff going on.

I still have the memphis TD with a decent rear subframe, which I can swap into the volcane so I can run about in it for a few months. The only problem is that the memphis has drums brakes as opposed to the volcane's disks. Swapping the engine from the volcane to the memphis is out of the question due to lack of skills, engine lift and garage. I'd rarther avoid spending money on either car, If i have to spend money it'll be on a new car and the zxes will be getting punted.

Questions (the important bit)...

Can I swap the volcane's disks onto the memphis's subframe without much hassle - are the hub's the same?
(alternativley) What parts would be required from the memphis's brake system so I can use the disks on the volcane?

*Another car known for rear subframe problems :cry: