In Praise of my Xantia!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Evodad
My Cars:

In Praise of my Xantia!

Post by Evodad »

Last weedend my two boys were pedal bike racing in Cornwall.

One mountain bike, two BMXs (albeit stripped down), two tents, three sleeping bags, three camp beds, three folding chairs, food, cooking gear, clothing, tools, me & two teenagers all inside my 176k miles Xantia, no roof rack no bike rack required.

300 miles Derby/Portreath, 100 miles driving around there, 300 miles Portreath/Derby.

Not one problem; superb!
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Last week a friend was getting married in Devon then we had a weeks holiday in cornwall.

So with 3 people and 1 small trailer tent did 315 miles there, about a 100 faffing about whilst there and then 315 back.

All on a total of 110 quids worth of fuel. We cruised at between 50-60 mph.

Oh and the car had only passed its MOT 3 days before we went and it had been stood unused for 4 months previous and it had only done 800 miles in the previous years MOT period in total.

1986 2CV6 Special :-)
"Rust Never Sleeps" said Neil Young. Did he own old citroens?
1998 Xantia TD exclusive auto estate +3 x BX's +77' ami 8 break + 73' dyane 6 + '83 2CV6 + 94' XM 2.1 sx auto + 89' XM2.0i
+ '85' GSA + '97 XM 2.0 16v + '81 Visa super E
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Woo hoo, Nice to hear about Xantias that actualy go, I was begining to wonder.. heh heh just kidding.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
LeeDJC
My Cars:

Post by LeeDJC »

I just went to Snowdonia in our Xantia with a stack off stuff. Very pleased!!

Did you have a good time in Portreath? It's just a couple of miles away from me in Redruth!!
2004 Berlingo Multispace HDI, 105000
Evodad
My Cars:

Post by Evodad »

Yes, fantastic thanks!
My lads were racing at the 4X ( a biking term) track in the Parc Erissey Ind. Est.
We camped at Cambrose.
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

Took both mine to the East Coast last week (just South of Cromer in Winterton on Sea) Never ceases to impress.... don't even notice that it's packed solid with the usual holiday crap until you compare it to a similarly packed Mondeo or Vectra which always appear to be getting ready to launch into space...
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

My good old Xantia the week before last had two bikes and a load of holiday stuff in the cargo area, two more bikes on a bike rack and a caravan on the towball loaded up to the old proverbials. This lot I hauled down to the caravan's summer resting place in the New Forest. Down and back in a day, the return leg at legal limits all the way.

Not a beat missed, not a spot of any liquid used, never over 90c on the temperature gauge. There and back on a tank of Diesel.

Did the same journey again this week and same result. Bloody excellent. And for towing the suspension beats everything out there. The only thing that lets you know the 'van is on the back is it feels like someone has stolen a cylinder or two from the engine..

Not bad for a Xantia with 181,000 on the clock. A very trusty workhorse that gets rewarded with very regular maintenance.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...