Gear box

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Gear box

Post by RichardW »

Hmm, that does sound like the diffis making a break for freedom - not unknown, but certainly rare on this box. You'll need to get it up on a ramp to find the exact location. Don't take it to Citroen though! There are loads of these about, so a 2nd box should be available relatively cheaply, and labour to fit 2-300 depending on where you are.
Richard W
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

abs66 wrote:Was there any resolution to this thread as I have an almost identical problem on my 04 xsara Picasso 2.0 diesel. To say I'm panicking would be an understatement!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Does this model have a Dual Mass Flywheel? 8-[
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
abs66

Post by abs66 »

As far as I know the 2litre is not dual mass but if I'm wrong I'm happy to be corrected.

abs66

Post by abs66 »

Quick update. I drove around for an hour earlier and bugger me if the noise hasn't stopped! Got it good and hot with mixed driving styles and not a murmur!
I will keep monitoring closely and it's going up on the ramps tomorrow for a close inspection. I'm wondering if it was caused by the damp weather the other night and if so maybe Auxiliary belt related in some way.
Thanks for the replies guys I will endeavour to update if I find the culprit.

abs66

Post by abs66 »

*** UPDATE ***
Well the noise is back, but I was waiting for it!
Every time I do anything in the car be it pressing a button or depressing the clutch or braking harshly, I listen out for the noise. Now I don't believe things just fix themselves so it had to be down to a combination of factors coming together at the same time.
Today when the noise returned, I had put the air con on to demist the windows and all was fine until i drove off with the air con still on.........you guessed it, the noise reappeared on lifting of the throttle. After lifting off a few times and the noise occurring each time, I turned off the air con mid lift off and hey presto, no noise. This was repeated several times air con on= noise, air con off= no noise. Common environmental factors is damp and cooling evening.

Has anyone come across this before? I know very little about air con, but I'm assuming compressor problem or belt slippage or pulleys or combination of all. Not sure where to start or how to test whilst vehicle not moving so any tips would be very helpful.
Duke137

Re:

Post by Duke137 »

johninderbyshire wrote:anyone know how much i could get for it selling it with a noisy bearing???
Mint condition, 6 disc clarion changer, 4 michelin tyres, just had new head gasket and full service inc water pump, tensioner pulley and cam belt, mot jan 07, air con, climate control, exhaust with reciept for warranty for three years, etc I have a number of parts to sell with it including a new temp sensor for the climate control (it works fine, the wife was just going into overdrive), power steering fluid, gear box oil, some left over gaskets,
Tax and test?

Where in Derbyshire?

What Dealership did you use to diagnose your problem?
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

abs66 wrote:*** UPDATE ***
Well the noise is back, but I was waiting for it!
Every time I do anything in the car be it pressing a button or depressing the clutch or braking harshly, I listen out for the noise. Now I don't believe things just fix themselves so it had to be down to a combination of factors coming together at the same time.
Today when the noise returned, I had put the air con on to demist the windows and all was fine until i drove off with the air con still on.........you guessed it, the noise reappeared on lifting of the throttle. After lifting off a few times and the noise occurring each time, I turned off the air con mid lift off and hey presto, no noise. This was repeated several times air con on= noise, air con off= no noise. Common environmental factors is damp and cooling evening.

Has anyone come across this before? I know very little about air con, but I'm assuming compressor problem or belt slippage or pulleys or combination of all. Not sure where to start or how to test whilst vehicle not moving so any tips would be very helpful.
I think the aircon electro clutch can make a right racket when it gets worn. If you lift bonnet and engage aircon you should be able to pinpoint it to aircon compressor. Whether you can get the clutch separately I have no idea.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
abs66

Post by abs66 »

Thanks for that info I will give that a go when it stops raining.
Got a Haynes manual although its been bugger all use with previous problems.
Thanks again, much appreciated.
Pete