Xantia Keypad

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Xantia Keypad

Post by RichardW »

Oh look, time for some trouble with the keypad immobiliser on the Xantia (TD) :lol: It's not the usual trouble though. Yet. I've got the green light dimly lit all the time (ign on or off) - except when the code has been entered and it goes bright until the engine is started (yes, I can still start the engine - at the moment 8) ) - and if you don't take the key out, or go to restart the engine a short time after stopping it, it will restart without needing the code entering. I've just had a scan through posts, and it looks like I need to clean the gearbox earth, the earths behind the battery, and check / clean the multiplugs on the inner wings. However, I suspect this might be a fault with the ignition lock - I also get a hot key sometimes, and crackling on the radio when the HRW is swtiched on. Is it possible to change just the switching part of the lock, so no new key is required? I'm tempted to just unplug the keypad to disable the immobiliser and prevent this moving to a no-start situation, but I'd like to get to the bottom of the underlying fault to prevent it developing into some other malady.
Richard W
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Xantia Keypad

Post by wheeler »

RichardW wrote:I'm tempted to just unplug the keypad to disable the immobiliser and prevent this moving to a no-start situation.
The thing is if its one of the things above you mentioned causing the problem like gearbox earths then even if the kepad was in a permanantly unlocked state it may not make any difference,it doesent start in this situation its mostly because the ECU loses a feed or earth
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Thanks Wheeler, looks like I am going to have to do a bit of fault finding then...
Richard W