C2 Furio Exhaust and Warranty...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

C2 Furio Exhaust and Warranty...

Post by KP »

Well as part of my general noseiness over the other cars we have and my brother complaining about this one clunking and clicking and the engine failing to start randomly ive had a nose....

Looking at the rear box the metal is highly corroded to the stage where the metal is coming away from the seams in layers, not surprisingly this is the roadwheel side where the metal is peeling away from so i think a small desgin flaw allows any water from the wheel well or wheel to be dumped straight onto said section of exhaust... Also the pipe section upto the cat is rusted as hell and i dont think it will pass its 1st MOT on this...

Could i claim this under warranty as the car is still under its 3 year warranty??

Also noticed that gearchange sounds like there is no lubrication in the mechanism though im not sure what to check as its a sensodrive model....

The info display in the dash console randomly doesnt fire up as well, sometimes requiring engine off - key out - key in -start up again to work.

The engine is hunting a lot, im convinced this is a dirty ICV or clogged one but still wouldnt think something so new would need cleaning out on a fully cit serviced car??

Also the rear support tray for the spare wheel has started to rust thru again and the rear arms are looking quite unhealthy as well. now last time they said the arms just had surface rust and they replaced the wheel carrier for me and apparently primered it up so i guess thats another thing that they need to have re-done :(

And the final cake in the coffin, it needs the suspension cup mod, can anyone with a parts website logon show me what part they actually replace as ive been told its a 2hour job?

Anyone any advice on the warranty claims as well or should i say issues above that i want to claim under warranty for a 2year old car??

Ta,
Will
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: C2 Furio Exhaust and Warranty...

Post by wheeler »

KP wrote:
The info display in the dash console randomly doesnt fire up as well, sometimes requiring engine off - key out - key in -start up again to work.
Do you have an aftermarked radio fitted in the car ?

Nothing is replaced in the suspension cup modification,new parts are added,its a half hour job maximum.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

No aftermarket radio at all. Did consider buying changer off ebay for it but Cit said it would need reprogramming for £100 or there abouts when i supplied the changer :shock:
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Well i had the call today from the dealer.

They said they would investigate the issues on teh car but that the exhaust and spare wheel carrier would not be replaced under warranty as while the rust was bad, it was only surface rust.

In my eyes this is shocking and poo to say the least as the backbox looks like cack to say the least. Ill post a picture in a bit to show how bad it is for a 2year old car.

Any advice on places to complain to Citroen UK as i was going to draft up a letter later and CC in watchdog, Citroen Press office, and their complaints address if i can find it....
easterroad

Post by easterroad »

I had an issue with my xantia backbox exhaust falling off under warranty, it also was not covered along with other "wear" items such as brakes, tyres etc.. The dealer did though pay for 50% of the cost of relacement which i thought was fair enough as an exhaust is a disposable item.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Fair do's they are expendale items but for a car with 33k on the clock, fully serviced and within its 3 yr warranty i wouldnt expect an exhaust to have rusted thru just yet. the Xantia has only had one set since we have owned her and non before that :)

Im convinced its a design flaw though where all water off teh rear drivers side wheel is being dumped onto that area, much like my fiat coupe does as well :(