c5 again

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

den169
My Cars:

c5 again

Post by den169 »

Anyone put a new stop bulb in a c5 estate i tried to get the black plastic cover off the side but was sure it was gonna break the lense its so tight so iv'e left it for now but a m8 who had a c5 said if the other stop light goes out the car will strop is that true.Also a couple of times when iv'e parked the car and got out the front goes up and down a few times anyone else had this.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Donno on the plastic lenses. Have you tried if there is acces from behind thru a removable cover ?
No clues in your owners handbook ? 8)
I can follow your anxiety - its easy to break these modern plastic parts :cry:

The suspension will compensate for the less load when you get out the car - and lower the height. If then the height sensor overshoots - it will do a second compensation upwards. But keep an eye with this behaviour. You may have a problem coming up around the corner.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Regarding the bulb. The operation is extremely well ilustrated on the owners manual.
About the up and down. If it does that after you leave the car and the height returns to normal, then try to straighten the steering. C5's do that occasionally when the steering is turned to one side. It should have been solved in 2002, but mine does that from time to time and the suspension software has been updated several times. The only donwside is that the suspension will empty the battery in a matter of hours.
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Many thanks guys i did read the manual and try to take the black plastic cover off but it was so hard i thought the lens was gonna break so left it for now.