Xantia Rear Seatbelts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PicassoPigeon
My Cars:

Xantia Rear Seatbelts

Post by PicassoPigeon »

Is there any way to safly extend the seatbelt clips in the rear? The ones that are bolted under the rear seats.

gav425
2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi
125,000 miles
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I would not try that. They are made of special hardened steel - and the belt chord seam is sewed to very tight and stringent specifications.
Its a safety component - not just a bracket :shock:

Instead it may be worth trawling a breakers yard for a later type which may have a longer chord. I suspect the same type is used over the Peug/Cit model range.

If its the dreaded beltclip disappearing down under when folding rear seats problem - then there are a couple of smart solutions available as aftermarket parts.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

It may not be recommended, and must be done carefully and thoroughly, but in the past I've made up extenders from a male and female buckle joined by a suitable length of webbing. Make sure that the extra buckle lies outside the body though.
PicassoPigeon
My Cars:

Post by PicassoPigeon »

Is it possible to buy a replacement 3 point belt for the middle seat and remove the lap strap.

I am asking this as the law changes in Sept 2006 for child seats in th UK and have a new addition due in Dec 2006. I will need to fit 3 children in the back of my Xantia and only have the lap strap in the middle at the moment.

gav425.
2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi
125,000 miles