Hydraulic Pump LHM Feed Pipe/Hose?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PicassoPigeon
My Cars:

Hydraulic Pump LHM Feed Pipe/Hose?

Post by PicassoPigeon »

The pipe/hose that comes from the LHM tank to the HP pump has cracked at the HP pump end, causing a leak. when i take this pipe/hose off LHM comes out at a nice rate.
Do i need a whole replacement or is there a smaller repair that can be done?
Can i get this hose from GSF or is it Citroen only? I cant seem to find what i am looking for?

gav425
2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi
125,000 miles
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The rubber hose is special by its large wall thickness to avoid collapsing over time.
Otherwise you can use any type of hosing withstanding mineral based oils (like LHM).
PVC hosing (garden hosing !) can be used - but these types have too thin wall thickness and will collapse over time if used for permanent repairs. It is possible to get cheap industry standard PVC hosing suitable for vacuum applications - in large diameter and wall thickness. You just need to find a supplier.

Its worth some research efforts - as the genuine Citroen pipe is priced at approx £130 :shock:

A quick repair solution would be to find a short lenght of copper piping - insert it in the hose as a support bushing. Then use a short length of PVC hosing and a couple of hose clamps to connect to the pump stud. Should not be too difficult making a leakfree connection.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Good idea from Anders, but you could go even further. Make up a 15mm copper pipe with an elbow to give you the right size/shape, and then connect it to the pump using a piece of the original rubber pipe, assuming it isn't all perished. Its not just the cost thats the problem, its the route it takes!