Xantia immobilisor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

awg2

Xantia immobilisor

Post by awg2 »

After, foolishly, permitting someone to move my car the imobilior was activated. Is there any way to reset it without major surgery?

It currently shows red and then, after inputting my code, normal, red and green lights are. I looked in my handbook and it said "return to dealer". Are there any clues out there?
C5 2l 2001 130K - daily use X-country (must change job)
Xantia 1.9TD Estate VSX 1995 111k - daily use X-county
3xBX 1xGS 1x16 TS - oh that was a Renault
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

My handbook simply states that this means there has been an incorrect entry or a malfunction. You can work on the basis that the code cannot have been changed as it also states that in the case of a flat or disconnected battery, the confidential code remains in the memory.

I'd try unplugging the multiplug that connects to the keypad so that would then disconnect the live power feed to it - this could reset anything at that point. Alternatively leave the car's battery disconnected for a few minutes making note of the existence of a radio code first!!

So long as you can start with a clean slate so to speak, if you input the correct code you should be ok - there's no warning about lock up on too many entries into the keypad the way there is for car radios!

Andrew
DaveW
My Cars:

Post by DaveW »

I agree with that. Disconnect the battery - did it a couple of times on my sons previous Xantia.

Don't forget the alarm button/key turned in ignition procedure after re-connecting the battery.

Dave.
Xantia Forte 1.8i, 16v X reg.(09/2000) 93K, aircon
awg2

Post by awg2 »

Found this when searching at a (slightly) more sensible time of the day.

" Perhaps this will help you. Taken from Citroen Coded Anti-Theft Device Booklet;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/ ... tyData.jpg " from Gregg1100

Mine did not make a noise when the incorrect code was entered three times.

When the ignition is switched on the red light shows until I enter the code and then the red and green are both lit continuously. This was the case whin I tried it straight after switching on and also after disconnecting the battery for and hour, reconnecting and then switching on again.

Having read Greg1100's picture of the manual I believe the keypad in my car is of a slightly different pattern. Can anyone confirm that this set of instructions is also valid for this different keypad.? (I do not know how many forms of keypad there were but hope that therre were only 2.)

I am particularly interested in the 30 minute delayed key entry sequence.

Dave W,
I'm not aware of key turning and button pressing - that seems to be related to the alarm sounding which mine only did momentarily when I unlocked the door after reconnecting the battery.

UnfortunaTey I now have a rather inconvenient journey to where the car is 'resting' and would prefer to have to make only one trip with a high liklihood of doing the right thing!
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

From the scan the time lapse of 30 minutes and then one minute seems to be key to getting it going but this is if there's flashing and bleeping. The instruction "second possibility" for the two red & green lights on together frankly sounds like what you'd normally do anyway!! Switch on, input code the light goes' green [not!!].

Unfortunately doesn't look good for anything further to help here mind. You may need to bet your hands on another ECU if there's still no joy!! There are services that offer unlocking of the ECU too...](*,)

Andrew
DaveW
My Cars:

Post by DaveW »

awg2 wrote:Dave W,
I'm not aware of key turning and button pressing - that seems to be related to the alarm sounding which mine only did momentarily when I unlocked the door after reconnecting the battery.
I was referring to the standard procedure for resetting the alarm when the battery has been disconnected/reconnected. Saves you driving around with your headlights flashing !

Sorry I can't help anymore with the keypad problem.

Dave.
Xantia Forte 1.8i, 16v X reg.(09/2000) 93K, aircon
awg2

Post by awg2 »

Thanks all. Off to give it a try before Her Majesty has it pushed into the river!
awg2

Post by awg2 »

A successful trip to the palace. The solution to the problem is waiting one minute after switching on the ignition and THEN enter the 4 digit code.