1999>2001 vts?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fivelighters
My Cars:

1999>2001 vts?

Post by fivelighters »

hello again. im on the look out for the same as above had a post about the air con a couple a days ago about the aircon on the xsara 98 dump valve beat a 110 hdi yooooo.i have the xsara sold well nearly ,hes picking it up in a couple of days(deposite payed dont panick)and im going to buy a saxo.... y u my ask? cos the wife allows me ye ha. can any 1 tell me what to look out for? i know my wee bits of in and outs and its hard to get a good 1 but any help from u lads or ladies would be of a great help o by the way had a spin in 1 last nite with a kent fast road wooooo 155bhp sumbody stop me... thumbs up to u all cos this is my next project turbo 200bhp whos the daddy 8) 8)
fivelighters
My Cars:

Post by fivelighters »

hi anders ?
fivelighters
My Cars:

Post by fivelighters »

nobody seems to be asking about my saxo vts???????well hello.... :roll:
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Yeah ?

Could you please use standard spelling when writing - its not an SMS phone board :wink:
I'm not the right person asking for advice on a Saxo - unless we get very deep in a technical problem :lol:

Saxo owners come awake and tell all about your Saxo's - and what to look out for :idea:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

check the rear radius arm bearings for freeplay especially if the car has been lowered,if they have been worn for a while it will also have worn the axle tube aswell.that can turn out to be costly.
I believe supercharging is the way to go on saxos as opposed to turbo,i think its a lot easier & better power.
deian

Post by deian »

200bhp saxo? Remember to upgrade the rest of it.... brakes, suspension, clutch etc, does anybody know if the chassis can take the force of 200bhp?

you are looking at big money big effort project here, maybe 200bhp is a bit over the top, you will just wheel spin in most gears while others will pull away and leave you standing in a cloud of tyre smoke

as wheeler mentioned, a supercharger would give you better value for money in regards to power, make sure you get a saxo with a healthy engine, or be prepared to strip it down if it fails internally, what happens inside an engine is a lot to take in, but forcing 200bhp out of a 1.6 is quite something.

good luck
Kitch
My Cars:

Post by Kitch »

You're the daddy man, you're the daddy.

Go rude boy!
1991 Citroen BX 16valve

1998 Citroen Xsara 1.9TD SX

1993 Peugeot 106 XSi

1995 TVR Chimaera 400
fivelighters
My Cars:

120>130 bhp

Post by fivelighters »

hi all... its looking as if im going to have to go to the mainland for my vts because trying to look for a good vts saxo over here(N.IRELAND) is being a bit of a pain in the neck.I have seen some nice ones in the auto trader but i have been told that the early ones had 130 bhp phase 1 and the phase 2 120bhp???????I dont mind bidding on ebay as long as its got history and low miles any help would be very 8) cheers lads and ladies regards five :wink: