Citroen Xantia MOT fail

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i think GSF will send the parts to you,or i know euro car parts do a mail order service,and the GSF price you have got might be the hole unit strut and all,one of the diferances between strut tops is the feed pipe orafis as some models have a large bore susp/feed pipe
regards malcolm
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

andmcit wrote:Now this is interesting! I've gone into the online Citroen parts site and checked out what I can determine is the right one, although I cannot see a specific reference to estate, so it may just be down to the sphere's being different.

02 5271 E2 LEFT SPHERE BRACKET
- POWER STEERING AND HYDRACTIVE SUSPENSION
+ 5271 92 (01) TO O 6610
- POWER STEERING AND HYDRACTIVE SUSPENSION
+ 5271 92 (01) TO O 7244

HYD SUSPENSION SPHERE BRACKET £76.15 £89.48 with VAT

Cannot imagine why there's been so many different prices quoted. I go to my local gau and give him the part number and the price they charge me is the price that's listed!!

Andrew
Doh! Quoting parts and prices for a Hydractive car - that's NOT the same for an LX!! Was tired at the small hours earlier but heat kept me awake... :D

Andrew
Whitecrook
My Cars:

Post by Whitecrook »

Well the place that did the MOT could get me the strut part for 85 quid, but I decided to pop into the Citroen dealer to see what they said.

He quoted me about £115 for a set of HP pump seals (about 3 quid in total) and parts 2, 10, 11 - that's all I need, just the new seals and the plate? That picture is quite helpful actually I can see exactly what needs to be done.

What's the procedure to depressurise the hydraulics and when I replace the seals on the HP pump will there be a torrent of LHM flowing out? I have spare LHM + hydraflush here anyway..
--
'96 Xantia 1.9TD Estate
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

To depressurise the car put the height adjust lever to the lowest setting and run the car for about a minute or so. You then need to open the pressure release screw on the accumulator/regulator - it'll likely be a right sod to see let alone undo on the TD but it's there near the bottom nearside of the radiator and is a 12mm spanner.

The best way of tackling the strut top is to support the car so that the wheel hub drops naturally as low as it can go; this combined with removing the road wheel will allow the main strut body to drop below the strut top once the big nut on the top is undone and tapped [carefully] off the tapered shoulder down.

The refit is a bit of a fiddle where the inner piston seen in the assembly diagram needs to be gripped and pulled upwards through the orange donut and into the strut top - it can be done but needs a bit of time!

Andrew