xantia rear suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dbolton
My Cars:

xantia rear suspension

Post by dbolton »

help please.. i have a 2000 xantia hdi, yesterday noticed the rear was all the way down, checked fluid and as it was a bit low topped it up, the rear went straight back up to maximum height when i started it up, then i let it down to drive..the red light flickered, and the rear promptly dropped all the way down again...the brakes feel a bit different now, not so good, and the front goes up and down no problems..i don't know if i may have put too much fluid in, as the red plastic thing in the dome is now all the way to the top.. any ideas please?
thanks
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Check the plastic ball link between the anti-roll bar and the height corrector, and the clamp collar on the roll bar, the plastic links pop off (or snap) when they get a bit worn, and the little arm with the ball on the end of it snaps off if the height corrector linkage siezes due to rust.

Too much fluid does no harm except make a bit of a mess if it overflows from the reservoir.

Brakes will feel very different if the rear suspension is at minimum height, reason being the rear brakes get their hydraulic pressure from the rear suspension, no rear suspension = no rear brakes.

Make sure the vehicle is well supported if you are going to get under it, best to have it up on some ramps.

Dave