Nosediving Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davetd
My Cars:

Nosediving Xantia

Post by davetd »

Hi Folks

Thought that would get your attention.

I have a 1993 Xantia 1.9 SX TD, pre anti-sink (Met grey).......Enough Info?

I am going to change my accumulator sphere as the regulator hisses every 10 secs now. I am also due for the 2 year LHM change. The car has had every service done on the button since new, however on turning off the engine, the front drops within a minute. It comes back up and drives fine when engine on.

A If I run her on Hydaflush then change LHM will this cure

B Is it to do with acc sphere

C Can I do something to the front H/C

I know the car runs ok when engine is running but I don't think it should drop this quick and

D Could it be an H/C fault and not the acc sphere. If the pressure is running back somewhere would that not mean that the pump and regulator ad to work harder/more frequently? therefore not ticking every 30 secs?

Cheers
davetd
93 Xantia SX TD Manual Metallic Grey 145,000 Non Anti-Sink
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Mine was doing a few crazy things a while back and I had a long hard trip ahead of me, so I did a total bleed on the system following a fluid change. (ie) bleed via brakes until nice bright green fluid comes out, and I was amazed at the difference.
I had a couple of spheres that were down and from memory, one blown and I actually filled a 250 gram coffee bottle with frothing LHM at one rear wheel.
Brakes being dead ends can sometimes get released nitrogen from deflating spheres trapped in them and particularly in the case of rear brakes that don't get all that much work, can cause some weird symptoms.
I'd suggest renewing the spheres you intend to, give it the LHM change and then do a full on bleed and I think you'll be surprised at the difference.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

HI there, I also have a 93 tdsx which sinks almost immediately... It has been like this for 18 months with no other suspension probs, so I don't worry too much about it ( From looking at length around this forum, I understand it may be a sign of wear in the brake valve, but as long as fluid is pumped faster than it leaks past all the seals, the whole system should be ok.. - In fact I think this latter "feature" is probably the reason for the success of the citroen hydraulic suspension) A last note.. at least we won't have to worry about seized height correctors! regards, Martin
I won't do that again