Xantia V6 Alarm going off

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantiatdsx
My Cars:

Xantia V6 Alarm going off

Post by xantiatdsx »

I own an S reg Xantia V6 Exclusive. It does not have a keypad immobiliser, it has a remote key plip that is RF not IR. If I lock the car with the plip (lock & deadlock) it all seems fine but a few minutes after the alarm will sound and continue until I press the open button on the plip. It has only recently started doing this and it doesnt matter where abouts its parked. If i lock the car usingthe door lock (lock & deadlock) the alarm does not sound. any clues?
Also, I thought it may have been a faulty senso thingy by the front windows but I cannot seem to get the button next to the steering wheel to illuminate as the handbook suggests to tell me it is turned off? any ideas or just a faulty switch? I am unsure if this ever worked...
only other alarm related light is on the driver door pillar that blinks depending on locked or no etc... Also there is no kill switch I can see under the bonnet like on my old TDSX
Any help greatfuly recieved.
Thanks
TIM
1986 2CV6 Dolly
1976 AKS 400 Sidewinder
2003 Xsara VTS

http://www.international2cvfriends.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

hi, same car same age same problem. If you use they key the alarm isnt set at all, so it wont go off. I do that all the time overnight, now. Seems a common fault. I may cut wires to siren soon, so I can still use button.

The odd thing about my car is that when the alarm goes off like this, the hazards dont flash...

hope that helps
John
xantiatdsx
My Cars:

Post by xantiatdsx »

not sure if my hazards flash either... will check next time i forget and use the plip to lock.
Any ideas about the dash switch? the handbook says press when ignition off and it should light up. mine doesnt light up at all anytime? maybe i'll get a spare from a scrappers (switch that is!) and see if that helps...
The old TDSX had a siren kill under the bonnet, this V6 has a space where it should have been!

Thanks

TIM
1986 2CV6 Dolly
1976 AKS 400 Sidewinder
2003 Xsara VTS

http://www.international2cvfriends.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
MG TF 135
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R

Post by jgra1 »

which dash switch do you mean exactly..? I think all mine has is an anti dog/ kid alarm activation switch.. if you hold this down for a few seconds it disables the interior sensors and may prevent your problem.. except that you have to do it every time you leave car :evil:

if there is another switch i would be grateful to know where it is, i have only had my V6 a few weeks...

:)

John
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
MG TF 135
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R

on second thoughts...

Post by jgra1 »

from memory, if you press and hold this switch, the door LED will ? stay on constantly to tell you the interior sensors are disabled.. the switch never lights up at all ( i think they used to, maybe the burgulars also knew that when the switch was lit they could break in?)
_kid_

Re: on second thoughts...

Post by _kid_ »

jgra1 wrote:from memory, if you press and hold this switch, the door LED will ? stay on constantly to tell you the interior sensors are disabled.. the switch never lights up at all ( i think they used to, maybe the burgulars also knew that when the switch was lit they could break in?)
When you press and hold the switch yes it remains on, then when you lock the car with button 1, then deadlock and alarm it with button 2, the led starts flashing as per normal. The only difference is the internal ultrasonics are now disabled, but as the led is flashing the burglar does not know this. The French are clever :lol:

has the OP tried the basics first, i.e. check all windows are closed. Also maybe worth putting the fresh air/ recycle switch to recycle, at least this prevents outside air entering the cabin, and can therefore eliminate internal ultrasonics as the culprit
currently no citroens :-(
1.4 2000 forte now gone too
xantia 1.8i 16v dimension 1996P now gone,
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Mine does this too. The door LED is indeed the one to look at, it will remain lit if you hold the sensor disable button for a few seconds, then you will know the ultrasonics are disabled.

They are a pain to change as you have to take the door card off and there's no easy way of telling which of the sensors is faulty, transmitter or receiver so you most likely have to do both unless you were lucky and got the right one first time.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
xantiatdsx
My Cars:

Post by xantiatdsx »

I checked all the obvious things first, windows, doors and boot, and opened each door with it in neutral to see if the door open indicator worked (beeping neutral thing)
nothing so far, I will try and switch off the sensor ultrasonics and see what happens.
Cheers
TIM
1986 2CV6 Dolly
1976 AKS 400 Sidewinder
2003 Xsara VTS

xantiatdsx
My Cars:

Post by xantiatdsx »

sort of result. if i press and hold the switch on the dash the light on the pillar stays on then flashes once loacked and deadlocked using plip. also the alarm does not go off when sensors de-active....

are these a simple plug in plug out type or are they hiding anything? any tricks i should remember when stealing old or fitting to my car?

Thanks

TIM
1986 2CV6 Dolly
1976 AKS 400 Sidewinder
2003 Xsara VTS

Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Re: Xantia V6 Alarm going off

Post by Homer »

There are two common faults with the Xantia alarm system.

One is water getting to the control unit under the seat.

The other is faulty ultrasonic sensors, these are fairly cheap and easy to replace.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Xantia V6 Alarm going off

Post by wheeler »

Homer wrote:There are two common faults with the Xantia alarm system.

One is water getting to the control unit under the seat.

The other is faulty ultrasonic sensors, these are fairly cheap and easy to replace.
On the Mk 2 xantia the alarm is controlled by the CPH unit which is located behind the glovebox so i think we can rule the water fault out.just sounds sensors to me.if taking second hand ones i think they need to be off a mk2 as the LED is attached to the o/s one (on the mk 1 its in the dash)