Water in the boot

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave1

Water in the boot

Post by Dave1 »

Just replaced the mounts on the ZX yesterday. On lifting the carpet it was wet on the left hand side. The car has been stood for over a month so not been on a wet road. The drain pipes for the sunroof seem ok as I poured water in and both channels cleared at the front arches.

I will investigate futher but just wondered if anyone had any experience of the same so I can check suggestions first.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Re: Water in the boot

Post by Homer »

Dave1 wrote:Just replaced the mounts on the ZX yesterday. On lifting the carpet it was wet on the left hand side. The car has been stood for over a month so not been on a wet road. The drain pipes for the sunroof seem ok as I poured water in and both channels cleared at the front arches.
There should be drain holes at the rear as well.
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

I imagined there would be but could not see them on zx blueprint. I will have another look tomorrow. I know the BX has them but can't remember for sure about the ZX.

Thanks

Dave
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Quite right, there are two drain pipes that are easily seen in the back bumper. Only thing is they are clear. I think water is getting under the seal of the rear window (3 door).