Best bargain ever?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I just bought a "Burgandy" coloured "N" reg Honda Accord auto with hist and 75K on the clock, full spec, air con etc, for £600 :-) Lovely car. :-)

I intend to let the ZX out on semi permenant loan to Jean on the proviso that if she ever wants rid I get it back! :-)

So the Peugeot 306 will be up for sale this week...
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

citroen xantia estate suitable for parts - ebay item number: 4643161225

This is an odd one! I must confess I didn't know what to expect but thought I'd give it a whirl. I need an autobox for an N plate 2.0i and it wouldn't hurt to have some estate panels in green thinking the whole lot would just be lightly picked apart and thrown away. The engine's shot with suspected snapped timing belt... :roll:

I didn't seem to get very far asking much about the car before the auction closed and didn't see the point after, so went with the flow although an element of doubt remained about a Xantia 1900 petrol...

Fingers were crossed that it'd be the green I'm after though...

Well, er NO. But bloody hell...

S plate EXCLUSIVE with hot and cold running EVERYTHING [Ok apart from the engine :lol: !!]

Leather/AC/Multichanger/towbar/alloys/cruise/hyractive/autoadaptive 'box - frankly the ONLY thing it didn't have was a sunroof :cry:

Can't look a gift horse in the mouth though for 21quid!

Ok, trailering it home has plugged some miles under the wheels of my CX estate and whilst it has oodles of grunt the old unleaded does course through it's veins quickly, so I've burnt off about 80quidsworth but let's just say I wasn't loitering :wink:

Now of course the car that was going to be parted out is looking like the next workshop candidate for some treatment...

Life get's complicated when I click "confirm bid"!! :D

Andrew