XM Burglar Alarm Won't Stop

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martindow
My Cars:

XM Burglar Alarm Won't Stop

Post by martindow »

I was washing an XM, threw half a bucket of water over the bonnet and the alarm started, only stopping after I disconnected the battery. Any advice on what to do next? Is it likely to recover when I reconnect it after it has had a chance to dry out?

I'm never going to wash it again - first time for over a year as the moss and algae was building up!
awg2

Post by awg2 »

Must be the only Citroen with an IDO alarm.
C5 2l 2001 130K - daily use X-country (must change job)
Xantia 1.9TD Estate VSX 1995 111k - daily use X-county
3xBX 1xGS 1x16 TS - oh that was a Renault
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

Hi Martin,

Do you have a plipper for the car? If so, just operate the plipper to switch the alarm off.
There's a switch just at the front of the slam panel which takes a door key. The purpose of this switch is to disconnect the horn from the intruder alarm. It still allows the lights to flash even with no horn. You may have got water into the keyswitch. The horn which makes all the noise is located within the front bumper at the offside. Although highly unlikely (unless you've been using a pressure washer) it may have got water into it. It might be worth drying both of them out before you reconnect.

Cheers

noz 8)
Fight the good fight against the governments stealth tax scheme of speed cameras
'88 CX 22TRS '87 CX 25GTI '95 XM 2.5TD VSX '96 XM 2.5TD VSX and '98 XM 2.5TD Exclusive
http://club-xm.com/forum/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? The Ride of Your Life !
martindow
My Cars:

Post by martindow »

Thank you for your advice. Today I reconnected the battery and the horn is no longer sounding, unfortunately the central locking is not working with the plipper but is with the key. I guess I need to see if a bit more drying out will do the trick - good weather for it!