ZX Alarm / Indicators problem - wiring diagram, anyone?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

awneil
My Cars:

ZX Alarm / Indicators problem - wiring diagram, anyone?

Post by awneil »

Hmm.... I did a Search for "ZX" and "Alarm" but neither returned any hits at all, but browsing found this:
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ight=alarm

So apologies if this has been covered before...

This is a cross-post from http://www.gsfcarparts.com/forum/topic. ... IC_ID=3152

My 'P' reg ZX has a funny with the indicators:

Sometimes, when driving along, using the left or right indicators causes all four indicators to flash - as in Hazard mode.

This seems to be something to do with the alarm: if you stop & fiddle around with the remote door lock/unlock a few times, that seems to fix it!

Any ideas what might cause this?

I bought a Haynes manual with the hope of using the wiring diagrams to help with this, but their diagrams make absolutely no mention whatsoever of anything to do with the alarm! :(

Any ideas where I might get a complete ZX wiring diagram?
Andy.
chemexhants
My Cars:

Post by chemexhants »

The flasher problem is caused by a fault in the alarm control unit (have had same on my ZX). It's a case of either replacing the unit or disconnecting by removing the plug. The unit is located in the ns inner seal behind the front passenger seat.

Stephen
1997 ZX SX 1.9TD 140k miles
awneil
My Cars:

Post by awneil »

chemexhants wrote:It's a case of either replacing the unit or disconnecting by removing the plug.
Thanks for that. :D

If I pull this plug, will the remote central locking still work?

The car has the keypad immobiliser thingy - will that be affected?
Andy.
chemexhants
My Cars:

Post by chemexhants »

Andy

Given the age of your ZX the control unit should have two plugs at one end - one for the alarm and another for the central locking. Sorry, can't remember which is which(!!) so over to you for trial and error.

The keypad operates independently of the alarm control unit.

Stephen

PS - The man at the parts counter at the Citroen main dealer at Houndmills is very helpful so it might be worth a visit to look at his parts computer.
1997 ZX SX 1.9TD 140k miles
awneil
My Cars:

Post by awneil »

chemexhants wrote:The unit is located in the ns inner seal behind the front passenger seat.
I think I've found it - concealed under the "carpet" under the passenger seat.

But it looks near impossible to get a good look at it without either hacking the "carpet" to bits, or taking the seat out.

How hard is it to take the seat out and, probably more important, to put it back again? Looks like it might be just 4 Torx bolts...?
Are there any Gotchas!? :shock:
Andy.
victor xt
My Cars:

Post by victor xt »

Hi there, that's the same problem i've had all this time and i never thought what could be doing this, tips please :D :D :D
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Removing a seat from a ZX I suspect is about the same job as on the BX - which I know of.
There you remove those 4 Torx bolts - 1 each corner. Use only a tool that fits exactly as the bolts may be very tight. The bolts screws into chassis nuts - no fun games with nuts disappearing or turning - unless ripped by corrosion..

BTW these bolts are special hardened steel - like the ones you find as safety belt fasteners. They can take some really serious tools not shearing.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
victor xt
My Cars:

Post by victor xt »

thanks for that Andersdk :D