Where is the coolant temperature sensor on a ZX?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscarloco
My Cars:

Where is the coolant temperature sensor on a ZX?

Post by oscarloco »

Hi guys

I was wondering, where is the coolant temperature sensor located in my ZX?

I've tried Haynes manual to no avail (what a surprise :roll: ).
Oscar Lopez
'94 ZX 2.0 8v petrol (restoration to its former glory on its way after being neglected by stupid Ex)
_kid_

Post by _kid_ »

On my 1.8 16v xantia, there are 3 sensors near the thermostat housing area. A blue one for the coolant gauge light, a brown one which i believe controls the bitron and a green one which is the CTS. According to previous posts the CTS will either be blue on older xantias, and green on newer ones. is there something wrong with your CTS? i believe you can test the CTS on the ohms setting. IT should be around 2000ohms when cold, and around 200 ohms when warm.

I brought mine from unipart/partco automotive for £11.

Hope this helps.
currently no citroens :-(
1.4 2000 forte now gone too
xantia 1.8i 16v dimension 1996P now gone,
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

_kid_ wrote:On my 1.8 16v xantia, there are 3 sensors near the thermostat housing area. A blue one for the coolant gauge light, a brown one which i believe controls the bitron and a green one which is the CTS. According to previous posts the CTS will either be blue on older xantias, and green on newer ones. is there something wrong with your CTS? i believe you can test the CTS on the ohms setting. IT should be around 2000ohms when cold, and around 200 ohms when warm.

I brought mine from unipart/partco automotive for £11.

Hope this helps.
I suspect it is a little off as the engine seems to be running rich. Haven't checked exhaust gases yet but I want to test the sensor anyway, just for the peace of mind.
Oscar Lopez
'94 ZX 2.0 8v petrol (restoration to its former glory on its way after being neglected by stupid Ex)