Spheres- thanks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

reblack68
My Cars:

Spheres- thanks

Post by reblack68 »

Last night I decided that the weight of six new spheres in the boot was probably doing the old ones no good at all so I took a deep breath and got on with putting them on the car.

The only tools I used were a pair of ramps, 9mm & 12mm spanners and a giant pair of water pump pliers. The spheres came from Euro and came to about £140.

The fiddliest one was the anti-sink, the tightest and worst access was the accumulator. The tip of cracking the rears on full height was a good one- many thanks to whoever came up with that. There was never a suggestion that the ram was going to turn with the sphere. The only downside was that I was outside in the kind of rain that doesn't have gaps between the drops.

I really just posted this to express my appreciation for the information on this board and maybe to encourage members who have been frightened to tackle sphere replacement.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
smashymike

Post by smashymike »

I'd appreciate a 'step by step' on just how you did the anti sink and rears if you've got the time .... cheers!
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I used the "step by step" that was already here, except that I did the anti-sink after the rears. Pay particular attention to the safety advice- simple but vital.

The front end is much the same procerure but easier because they haven't been so exposed.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... php?t=1695
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.