Activa Suspension Help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ActivaMarcus

Activa Suspension Help

Post by ActivaMarcus »

Hi im new here, i think i was registered before but forgot my user name. Anyway ive just replace my wifes aging M Reg Xantia VSX TD with a newer S Plate Active, which i picked up for £510.

On the old Xantia i had the normal problem of hard front suspension which i fixed but the problem with the suspension on the new one has got me a bit miffed. Ive done a search and im thinking height corrector stuck and accumilator sphere gone, but ill run thru my symptoms and see if im wrong lol.

1. When you start the car the Drivers side rear drops suddenly and then goes back up (only drivers side)
2. Rear Does not raise or lower when you use the height control (front moves but i dont think it goes to max as you can see the suspension strut thinky stuggling)
3. No give in rear, suspension is rock hard at the back
4. Clicks every 10-20 seconds (should be 30+?)

Apart from that its a very good car. my wife loved her old xantia so i bought her a new one for her birthday, just need to fix it now :)
Rob81
My Cars:

Post by Rob81 »

Hi,

My activa does the same when started - I think lots of them do it. It's well worth joining http://s7.invisionfree.com/ActivaNet/index.php?act=idx as well as here - the guys on Activa net really knowe their Activas!

Rob
Citroen C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Tourer
Peugeot Boxer 2.8 HDi Camper (conversation)

Previously;
Lots of Citroens including 2CVs, Dyane, Acadiane, Bx, Activa, XM CX and Picasso
ActivaMarcus

Post by ActivaMarcus »

Rob81 wrote:Hi,

My activa does the same when started - I think lots of them do it. It's well worth joining http://s7.invisionfree.com/ActivaNet/index.php?act=idx as well as here - the guys on Activa net really knowe their Activas!

Rob
cheers joined there too