Saxo steering - have you had this problem ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oxas
My Cars:

Saxo steering - have you had this problem ?

Post by oxas »

Hi!
Did anyone had this problem , can you help me ? It seems citroen can't.
I own a saxo 1.5d , bought it "0" kms.
the car just keeps pulling to the right wether on highway or on national roads , on low or high speed.
I'm getting a bit tired of wasting money on steering alignment and wheel calibration , and i see no improvements on the car , although the computers state that both steering and wheels are within the tolerances.
I've been to citroen and they told me (without taking the car for a test drive) that the problem was caused by the fact that these cars had an electrical steering pump , and that it tended to get "viced" into one direction , in my case the car tended to pull right. I know this to be untrue : I've got other 4 cars in my family with the same specs as mine : 2 Saxos and 2 peugeots 106 , and they haven't got this problem.
Can anyone tell me if they had this problem and how did you solve it.
Can you tell me if citroen is right? (i doubt it)
Is a there another part that could be causing this?
Thanks a lot for reading me.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Try switching the tyres across the car, left to right and vise-versa. Keep the fronts on the front, and the rears on the rear to start with. If the car changes to a pull to the left instead of the right, you've found your problem.
I had this problem once due to a faulty tyre.
Of course - check your tyre pressures are OK first, and don't try this if you've got directional tyres on (although you could swap them front to rear and see if the degree of the problem changes).
ZX D
XM V6 Sei
err... and a Vauxhall.