Xantia upgrade a little help please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroenNuts
My Cars:

Xantia upgrade a little help please

Post by CitroenNuts »

Ok so just got a pallet load of extras for my xantia
Full leather interior with all matching trim from a exclusive model
So I know the pre tension and side airbags will just be the same plugs as the original but what wires will I need the make all the motors work?
Also got the switch unit for the heaters but I would imagine that there will be relays required to make it work

Any help at all would be great

1999 2.0l HDI
Homer Simpson: Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I take it that you did not get the wiring looms/harness then?

As far as the seat electric motors are concerned, the original looms for both front seats eventually run to a single connection, which IIRC is underneath the carpet in the front passenger footwell. However finding it is a bit of a nightmare.

What you could do is to make a new one by breaking into the feed to the ignition switch by soldering in a new connection, then fitting an in-line fuse for safety. Bearing in mind that whilst this will put an extra load on the wiring, it's only occaisionally (and then only when stationary please!) that there will be any power taken, so I can't personally see this being a problem.

As far as the heated seats are concerned, without the harness you are stuffed as its a very very complicated affair. On a similar theme I thought about fitting the dipping N/S mirror from a Xantia I was breaking until I saw the huge mass of wiring looms and ECU, yes an ECU to adjust a mirror!
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
CitroenNuts
My Cars:

Post by CitroenNuts »

Well the seats are in and after a bit of fiddling getting the pre-tensioners swapped all seems good the seats are a simple swap as expected. Haven’t even looked at the heated seat system but the rest is surprisingly simple
For anyone looking to do this as an upgrade …..Well worth it & didn’t even need to do anything with the motor wires just plug in and go
:D
Homer Simpson: Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel