alarm/lock fob

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fangy

alarm/lock fob

Post by fangy »

Hello, my Xantia alarm fob stopped working, the batteries are new but when I took them out to check them one's got a small burnt spot on it, my question is can I buy one of another Xantia from a scrappy and program it to work on my car.
thanks,
Fangy.
davetd
My Cars:

Post by davetd »

Hi

What age is your car?

If it is earlier it will have a 2 button remote or plip with a red light on the side:- this is an infra red remote. To program, get in the car and close the door. Use a spare key to put in the ignition. Turn the ignition key to the first position (battery light only on) immediately hold the new or second hand remote to the black bulb by the rear view mirror and press the button nearest the top of the remote once a second for thirty seconds. Remember:- the key fob ...any keyfob holds a code, you are telling the car what the code is. By turning the ignition to the first position puts it in programming mode. I had problems with this on my '93 Xantia and solved it last week. If this doesn't work check the receiver (remove the panel by the rear view mirror). You can get a key fob from a scrappy and a receiver and it should work. If you have a later Xantia though you will have to check other threads on this forum as they have radio type fobs.

Good luck

Dave TD
93 Xantia SX TD Manual Metallic Grey 145,000 Non Anti-Sink
fangy

Post by fangy »

Thanks for that, my cars a 95 with the infra red remote, glad I don't have to go through Citroen to get one.
Fangy.