Leaking rear hydractive unit

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

NiSk wrote:Well I've just confirmed that the fault is in the electrovalve, following a tip from the Swedish Citroën forum's Xantia side, I disconnected the hydractive system by pulling the plugs from the HA computer.

Result. No leak!

With the computer disabled the electrovalve is not enabled, the plunger is down and the LHM cannot get to the joint between the valve and the iron body.

So that's it - off to find a new or better used eletrovalve!
Are you sure its not just the seal leaking ? Although you can't see it in any of the pictures I've posted (sorry) there is a large green seal in a recess between the thread and the nut at the base of the electrovalve. I'm not sure if its an o-ring or a square section seal as I havn't tried removing one.

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

If its just the seal, I'll be even happier, but I won't find out until I remove the existing electrovalve and then it's a case of "are you feeling lucky today?"

Do I dare remove my electrovalve without having a replacement for it?

Added to which, the 2.5TD is a real pain to jump start the hydraulics after depressurising - the HP pump pick up line follows the most horrendous route across the top of the engine from the LHM tank to the pump. So you don't depressurise it just for fun!

Do you recall what you paid for your electrovalve Simon? Could be interesting to se if there's any difference in price between Sweden and the UK. . .

//NiS
'85 BX 16TRS, '91 XM injection 241,000 km (company car), '93 XM TD12 (515,000 km), '98 XM 2.5TD Break (320,000 km)
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

NiSk wrote:If its just the seal, I'll be even happier, but I won't find out until I remove the existing electrovalve and then it's a case of "are you feeling lucky today?"

Do I dare remove my electrovalve without having a replacement for it?
Depends if its your daily driver car.... :lol:

If it is, then no, probably not a good idea to remove it without a replacement on hand..
Added to which, the 2.5TD is a real pain to jump start the hydraulics after depressurising - the HP pump pick up line follows the most horrendous route across the top of the engine from the LHM tank to the pump. So you don't depressurise it just for fun!
Don't really understand what you're getting at here ? Depressurizing the hydraulic system has nothing to do with the pump needing priming, the only time you'd ever need to do that is if you removed the inlet hose from the tank to the pump....
Do you recall what you paid for your electrovalve Simon? Could be interesting to se if there's any difference in price between Sweden and the UK. . .
I paid $80 NZ but it was not brand new. I believe the new price is approx 3 times that...(based on UK prices) :shock:

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Yes, that was a miss by me - I just recalled what a bitch it was the last time I depressurised it - and that was to empty the old LHM out and run Hydraincage in it for a month . . . - some things you never forget . . .

//NiSk
'85 BX 16TRS, '91 XM injection 241,000 km (company car), '93 XM TD12 (515,000 km), '98 XM 2.5TD Break (320,000 km)