Infra Red Plip Query

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ok2ucx
My Cars:

Post by ok2ucx »

Mandrake wrote:
AndersDK wrote:Dont have much luck - do I ? :roll:
Not today :lol:
Pin 1 : chassis earth
Pin 2 : +12V igniton key via fuse F30
Pin 3 : NOT connected on Mk1 - deadlocks on Mk2
Pin 4 : lock/unlock
Pin 5 : live +12V via fuses F25 & F8
I didn't give the pin numberings as although I had worked them out myself when trying to fix the receiver in Dad's car I lost the piece of paper which I wrote them on... :?

However, where do you get the information that pin 3 is not used on Mk1's ? All three of our Xantia's are Mk1's, and they have this signal.

That would imply that the Mk1's never had a two button remote control, which is incorrect - even the manual for my mum's 1993 model shows both a one button and two button remote control as possibilities, and her's also has an alarm which does NOT arm with the main doorlock button.

So I would suggest that pin 3 is in use on cars with alarm or deadlocks :wink:

(In any case, by aquiring a two button remote control this pin can be put to use and connected to a 3rd party alarm, as all the receivers support it)

Regards,
Simon
Dears,

I'm trying to understand how to program new plip to IR receiver in Xantia Mk1. I can see that there are even various versions of receivers and also various version of IR plips (one button vs. two buttons), I personally saw only one button version:

I also have several (all the same) receivers (all do have 5 wires), but pin 2 (ignition) is NOT routed from the connector. Simply there's no way for the receiver electronics to 'see' this +12V.
So I wonder how such version of receiver can be reprogrammed, or how the programming will be initiated?

Image Image

The receivers are all from 95'-96' Xantias, there's some sort of SPI EEPROM marked 6210 (the same EEPROM is also in the plip, can be seen on the photo). This 6210 (with 'e' sign) is SOIC8 device and has some non-standard pinout:

pin 1 Vdd (?)
pin 2 GND
pin 3 CS (chip select) or Write enable?, connected to GND in plip
pin 6 SDI (SPI data in)
pin 7 SCK (SPI clock)
pin 8 SDO (SPI data out)

all others are N/C. Anyone has idea of what is the this type and/or manufacturer of this memory?

I also looked into the various 96' schematics, there are two versions of central locking mentioned:

* standard one, all 5 pins are connected, pins 3 and 4 are both wired to 8 pin central locking module (number 6235, located in the central tunel). This smaller central locking module has NO connection to door contacts, etc. just all lock-motors, alarm and indoor light are connected.

* 'improved' locking: 6235 module has 2x10 pins, pin 3 of IR receiver is NOT connected with it. 6235 is in addition connected to direction lights and door contacts.

Any comments?

Regards, Pavel

P.S. If someone would be interested, I made a replica of original plip: http://sweb.cz/Pavel.Lajsner/IRX1/
with some more comments here (unfortunately in Czech language): http://www.xantiaclub.cz/forum/viewtopi ... =7222#7222
X2 2.1TD 1998 || Volvo V70 D5 2002 || VW Bug 1966
bxman
My Cars:

subject

Post by bxman »

Evening All.
Am I right in thinking the only part of the IR reciever is on that panel in the roof and that you can swap them from car to car without having to do anything other than to match them up with the Plip
THANKS.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Yes, that’s it, and that’s all.
All the electronics for the remote receiving are in the roof piece.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
leithant
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by leithant »

Slightly highjacking, but has anyone managed to replace to IR guts of the fob with a radio transmitter? I much prefer radio zappers but I love my folding key!
06 Citroen C5 Estate 2.2 Hdi Auto
95 Peugeot 306 S16
95 Silver Xantia VSX - now deceased :-(
mixalis kal
My Cars: Peugeot 306 Style 1995 5D (TU3MC)

Re:

Post by mixalis kal »

Mandrake wrote:
davetd wrote:So why won't it work :twisted:
Well, have you tried the programing procedure ?

Does the red light on the side of the plip work ? If you have a digital camera, try pointing the infrared LED on the plip into the camera, this will show you whether it is working or not.

There is a little bit of debate on the best procedure, but here is the one that worked for me:

Turn the ignition on to accessory, then immediately hold the plip within a couple of inches of the dome in the ceiling and press and release the button about once per second for about 30 times, then turn the key off, and test it.

If you're programing 2 plips at once, then do the same thing but press the button on each plip alternatively.

If you don't have success immediately, try again a few times, I had to try a couple of times before I succeeded. Try varying how fast you press the button and how many times.

Failing that, the receiver unit in the car could be faulty.

Regards,
Simon
Is this working for mk1 programming? If I buy a used key fob can I make it work at my car? It is mk1 with one button