Experience of Biodiesel?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

LeeDJC
My Cars:

Experience of Biodiesel?

Post by LeeDJC »

Has anyone got any experience of using biodiesel? I'd love to make my own, but I don't think I've got the time...still looking into it though!

I see that you can buy biodiesel as well. I can only get a 5% blend locally, how good is this, do you really notice any difference?
2004 Berlingo Multispace HDI, 105000
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

There are stacks and stacks of websites that deal with this in far greater detail than can be listed here. Do a websearch, and you're guaranteed to get the information you're looking for.
This is not a signature.
caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

if you are interested in biodiesel have a look at this forum, full of helpful people and lots of information and a good starting point for any one interested in biodiesel or vegetable oil as fuel.

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/index.php
406 lx 1.9td estate
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I am currently running on pure Biodiesel in my fleet, both cars are running beautifully, I would recommend it to anybody, ther may be issues with very low temperatures and certain types of rubber in older vehicles but in my experience all is well, at my last MOT a few weeks ago the smoke meter struggled to obtain a reading!
Stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
fivelighters
My Cars:

Post by fivelighters »

i have been using biodiesel from november of last year as my brother in law makes the stuff i find it first class as he sells it for 65p a litre the only down fall i found with it is the cold winter nights and days it could frezze as it happend to me so i niped down to esso and got a gallon of there diesel poured it in the tank as in structed and way hay of she went again.A lot of the lorry drivers that come across the water buy it from him and they swear by it. They buy it in a cube i think its 900 litres and its all legal vat free :D :D (xsara td sx with dump valve fitted va va vroom) 8) 8) 8)
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

Stewart(oily) wrote:I am currently running on pure Biodiesel in my fleet, both cars are running beautifully, I would recommend it to anybody, ther may be issues with very low temperatures and certain types of rubber in older vehicles but in my experience all is well, at my last MOT a few weeks ago the smoke meter struggled to obtain a reading!
Stewart
Even running on Biofuel my car flew through its smoke test.

Regards
Howie

2006 Fiat Idea Dynamic 1.3 Multijet
2010 Renault Laguna Dynamique tom tom 2.0 DCI 130
C5 VTR 2l 8v HDI Estate 112000 miles gone
Kia Rio 2007 1.5 CRDI 62,000 miles gone
2001 Dodge Durango 4.7 V8 170,000 miles gone
1999 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6 V8 151,000 miles gone