Synergie roof rails

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MickyA
My Cars:

Synergie roof rails

Post by MickyA »

Does anyone have experience of retro-fitting roof rails (T rails) to a Synergie? I'm not sure how they attach to the roof as I don't want to remove the rubber blanking strip. Also are the rails for the Fiat Ulysse and Peugeot 806 exactly the same? Thule's website shows slightly different fitting instruction for the Synergie though the same mounting kit is used. I've been quoted £73 ex vat for the rails direct from Citroen which as usual is a bit pricey for all you get.

Thanks
M Anderson
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

Micky,

I am assuming that you want to fit the OE side-to-side bars rather than the front-to-back rails. If so, you will need to change the existing front to back runners that are covered by the rubber strips with ones that will accept the bars.

Remove plastic plug from rear of the rubber strip and prise out the rubber strip - be careful as this can kink quite easily on removal.
Remove the runner below with Allen key, 4mm I think.
You will then need to fit new runner that will accept the feet of the bars.

I haven't explained this very well but it is no more than a ten minute job which I've done many times when I had 1 set of bars shared between 2 Synergies.

Gammy
sub42
My Cars:

Post by sub42 »

Yep,

Watch those rubbers, mine have gone all bendy. They bend very easily at the front near the window!
Previous convictions for ferret and giraffe rustling.

Synergie 1.9td SX loaded spec.
MickyA
My Cars:

Post by MickyA »

Thanks Gammy& Sub42, I didn't realise there already was a rail under the rubber strip. I'm planning on fitting Thule cross bars so I can lug kayaks, canoes, kitchen sinks etc. I'm a bit confused about the purpose of the rubber strip: Once I've got and fitted the new rails I was expecting to leave the strip off, do you refit it over the rails when not in use?

Thanks

Micky
M Anderson
ebod
My Cars:

Post by ebod »

Hi,
I had a Synergie until last year and went through this exercise.

You need an OEM roof T rail kit which comprises of ( in pairs ) rail , front rubber insert , back rubber insert & bag of screws.

You pop out the little black retaining pin at the back of each rail ( accessable only from the inside of the body with the tailgate open )
Then remove the whole rubber rail carefully.

The new bits just slot in place and there are existing mounting points to screw down the rails to.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

I have a set of Thule feet, used on my Xantia if you don't want to pay the £75 or so they cost new. :wink: