Xantia flasher relay location?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

noddy2

Xantia flasher relay location?

Post by noddy2 »

Been searching the web for a while - can't find the location of the flasher relay? I have a '98 facelift Xantia 2.1TD estate - been trying to fit it this evening. Have looked in usual fuse box, engine fuse box, behind trim drivers footwell, under sterring wheel, behind hazard warning lights switch.

Have no indicators at all now - can anyone help please?

thanks
Nod :cry:
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Xantia flasher relay location?

Post by Mandrake »

noddy2 wrote:Been searching the web for a while - can't find the location of the flasher relay? I have a '98 facelift Xantia 2.1TD estate - been trying to fit it this evening. Have looked in usual fuse box, engine fuse box, behind trim drivers footwell, under sterring wheel, behind hazard warning lights switch.

Have no indicators at all now - can anyone help please?

thanks
Nod :cry:
Behind the dashboard perhaps ? Thats where most older cars used to put them...

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

It’s to the right of the top of the under-dash fuse box, and it’s light grey. :mrgreen:
Open the lid, and you can see it behind a black plastic tongue that looks like it prevents it from falling out. :?
You will have to remove the under-dash plastic and felt cover to get to it. :roll:
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi noddy -

Have a play with the emergency lights switch. It may be the only problem that the contact sets in this switch needs some motion to wake up your flashers again.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
rpaco
My Cars:

Post by rpaco »

Noddy can you tell me how much the new one was.
I have a problem with it ticking away on its own on my own 98Xantia1.8DT when I start from cold without touching either the indicator stalk or the hazzard warning button.

It reminds me a little of my old Alfa Giulietta; one day I found my foglights on and checked the switch, no it was off! I found sufficient wet gunge buildup had shorted between the Lucar connector blades to turn itself on. Great Italian electronics!