Xantia Drivers seat

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

soupy_sam
My Cars:

Xantia Drivers seat

Post by soupy_sam »

Xantia 1.9 TD 1995 Drivers seat has a lever on the right hand side. This is attached by 2 bolts, what size are these please? Also what is the handle for?
Sam de Lessups from Coventry West Midlands England
Xantia 1.9 TD 1995 185000 this old girl went to sleep.

Picasso Exclusive 1.6 HDi 2005 29500
LeeDJC
My Cars:

Post by LeeDJC »

Not sure of the size, but it raises the seat up and forward when pulled up. If you're above 4ft2" then you don't really need it IMHO!
2004 Berlingo Multispace HDI, 105000
soupy_sam
My Cars:

xantia driving seat

Post by soupy_sam »

The bolts are missing in mine so whan you get out the seat goes up and when you sit down it goes down with a clump. The MOT centre have advised that I should get it seen to so rather than sit outside the motor factors buying and trying different bolts I thought I would ask you guys

jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Sam i may be barking up wrong tree but sometimes, after a heavy person has sat in the seat, one of the brackets break underneath, causing a similar problem to yours. Could be worth a check there unless your sure the are bolts missing?]

John
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

They are either M5 or M6 I can't remember which and about 20mm long. They fell out on my old Xantia. If you pull the plastic side trim off the seat you will see them. The trim just pulls upwars if I remember correctly, it is quite stiff.
Neil
Now Citrtoenless
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

BonceChops wrote:They are either M5 or M6 I can't remember which and about 20mm long. They fell out on my old Xantia. If you pull the plastic side trim off the seat you will see them. The trim just pulls upwars if I remember correctly, it is quite stiff.
There's a spring tension on the handle of the piston type adjuster which manifests itself when the bolts losen that will allow the seat to spring up until weight is applied on it again. The bolts are quite a small daimeter [I'm not sure of the side off hand either] - these are glorified metric fine thread SCREWS with a torx head on them.

When the lot is bolted onto the side of the seat frame again all will be right for the MOT - just a long shot but are these still floating around under the seat - that's where mine were? Failing that check out one you can play about with in a breaker's yard although you'll need at least to have handy a set of torx bits and screwdriver holder [a fiver for a Draper set in Tesco's will do the job at a push when you forget to take them :oops: ].

Andrew
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Hmm has the car always done this?

If not then surely a couple of bolts wouldnt work themselves lose, would they?

My lever was fine for about 5 months and then all of a sudden it just wouldnt stay up (im small and short :lol:) so maybe the a bracket has broken on my car (BIL's car! :cry:).

I always did like to chuck myself in onto the seat.
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

AFAIK they're M4. And yes, you may well find them under the seat. You could probably get them from Citroen for only a few pence - you'd be sure you've got the right ones then.

Despite being 6' tall, I do have my seat jacked up a bit - I find the lumbar support intrusive, which means reclining the seat, but at the right back position I need to get my legs in, I can hardly reach the wheel :? Having the seat half up means I can a) get my legs in the car b) not get back ache after 10 minutes c) reach the steering wheel :lol:
Richard W
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Yes the screws do undo themselves. Unless there is a fairy with a bad sense of humour. Mine did it and I have heard of a couple of others doing it. I thought mine had broken a bracket until i actually looked at it and found both screws out. I think I had to use the lever to adjust the seat to line the screw holes up.
Neil
Now Citrtoenless
soupy_sam
My Cars:

Post by soupy_sam »

thanks everyone now sorted