Veggie Oil in a Ford

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mak224751
My Cars:

Veggie Oil in a Ford

Post by mak224751 »

Hi,
I have read a number of posts on this forum about using veggie oil in citroen diesels.

Does anyone know if it would work in a 1994 'M' reg Ford Mondeo 1.7TD if so how do you go about getting in touch with HMRC about paying the fuel duty on it. It's just that diesel is at 99.9p a litre round here and doing 120miles a day its starting to get a bit expensive!!!!

Thanks
1993 Xantia 1.9TD (Died)
1990 BX 17TZD Turbo
Peugot 406 HDi
LeeDJC
My Cars:

Post by LeeDJC »

If you google it, there's a few websites which give you diesel pump compatiability. There's loads of issues such as oil viscosity etc, and old oil really isn't a good thing to put into your engine.

You're better off using the old oil to make biodiesel. It takes a bit to do, but they reckon you can make it for 30p a litre. Also it's much much much better for the environment, etc and also better for your engine. Quite often resulting in better performance
2004 Berlingo Multispace HDI, 105000
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I've heard that Lucas pumps (AKA Rotodiesel or CAV) don't much like veggie oil, I think that's thekind of pump in your Mondeo.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Remember the classic saying

If its Lucas its LucARSE ie not very good :lol:
If it Bosch its Posch

Not sure if a Ford will run very good on veggie oil since Fords dont really like running at all :P :lol:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

mezuk04 wrote:Remember the classic saying

If its Lucas its LucARSE ie not very good :lol:
If it Bosch its Posch

Not sure if a Ford will run very good on veggie oil since Fords dont really like running at all :P :lol:
Thats close to a locked thread mezuk :?
Any car owner is allowed to peep in and ask for advice on any car - although we are dedicated to Citroens we certainly dont mind polite visitors.

It seems more or less that veggie oil heads are somewhat on their retrait on the negative Lucas comments. At least its fairly possible to tech you out of any problems.
Google will quickly reveal 100's of websites on the subject - wont take too many mouseclicks finding information covering the Mondeo diesel setup. But you must know beforehand what make/type pump & control it has.
Its not "Ford Mondeo diesel" thats your target - but whats IN the Ford Mondeo diesel.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

http://www.dieselveg.com/inj_pump_id.htm
We have had so many e-mails and phone calls regarding suitability of vehicles for conversion that we decided to introduce these pages giving examples to help you decide on the suitability of your vehicle.

Almost ANY diesel can be converted to run on clean pure vegetable oil but it depends almost entirely upon what injection pump is fitted as to what system would be suitable.

Pumps and engines suitable for one tank conversion systems are Bosch Diesel Kiki, Nippon Denso, Doowon, Zexel. All inline pumps fitted to pre swirl and most direct injection engines.

Pumps and engines suitable for the appropriate two tank solutions are All of the above (will cope with cold veg oil) and Lucas-CAV also possibly Roto-Diesel, Stanadyne and Delphi rotary pumps and Common Rail diesels. However they will not stand cold vegetable oil and MUST MUST be used properly with a kit.

...EDIT...

That site's got a page on a Mondeo 1.8TD conversion:
http://www.dieselveg.com/ford_mondeo.htm
ImageImage
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

My apologies.

Didnt mean any crude comments...just kidding around :cry:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(