Clicking...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

erno
My Cars:

Clicking...

Post by erno »

Hi!
I hear clicking near acc. sphere (3-5times depend on rapidity of start), when begin driving. And yet rear part of car sink somewhere 3-4cm when I remove leg from bake pedal (i have 1993 Hantia with automatic gear-box).SO, what does it mean about? May be is faulty or near the end of life compensator-brake control valve? All other time clicks i hear every 15-20secs...
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

my auto Xantia does this quick rise / drop when pressing brake pedal sometimes.. think it may be normal

the clicking you describe sounds fine

many clicks on startup followed by one every 20 seconds is all good.

I am tempted to say 'do not worry' but others may have more advice

John
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

My XM has just today started to sink completely at the back when I stop but it comes up and rides OK so I am not overly worried........I'm going to France in it tommorrow!
erno
My Cars:

Post by erno »

Ok! But as well i don`t like quick sink of car rear with engine stopped! It sink in 10-20 minutes...3 months ago that wasn`t so fast.

Thank`s John.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

The ticking on startup is not normal and I would check the accumulator sphere - which is easy. Run engine with car at normal height for a couple of minutes. Turn off engine and sit in the boot. The back of the car should sink a long way (15 cm or more) and then after 30 seconds or so rise to its original height - powered by the accumulator. If the height controller is working properly the car should rise when you get out and then sink to its original height.

It sounds as though you have gas in the rear suspension system - so doing 'Citroebics' (raising and lowering the car several times) may expel the gas and is the first thing to do.

Your 93 Xantia will probably not have anti-sink - and will have a single outlet pump. Please confirm if you need further information.
jeremy
erno
My Cars:

Post by erno »

Thank`s Jeremu! I`ll try to make yours given test and will inform about result...
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I would just add to the above that it is extremely unlikely that the brake control (doseur) valve is faulty.