Rear suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stuwestwales

Rear suspension

Post by stuwestwales »

My xantia hdi rear suspension to me is not coming up high enough. The front comes up smoothly and settles to the correct height and then the rear rises but to me only slightly then settles. The top of the tyre seems to be level with the bottom off the wing. Is this correct?. If i adjust the rear height adjuster slightly will the front automaticly adjust accordingly. I have been spraying both front and rear linkages with WD40 over the last few day but no change as yet. The plastic clip seems to be ok and the suspension rises from low to high and high to low with no problems. Any advise would be great.. :lol: :)
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

The top of the tyre seems to be level with the bottom off the wing. Is this correct?
> At what height setting is the car set at when the tyre and wing are level(ish?) ?????

If the height setting is at normal and the the bottom of the wing panel is level with the top of the tyre then the car is riding a fraction to high, but for that amount its hardly worth correcting.

If the car is at the highest setting and the tyre and wing are level then you have a huge amount of height still to achieve.

Can you just clarify those couple of things?
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
stuwestwales

Post by stuwestwales »

Wing and tyre at the rear are level at the normal setting, thought that it seemed a little low as i saw the same model over the weekend and the rear was a good 2 inches higher at the back and was roughly the same at the front.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Look at the suspension arms back and front, if they are about level, parralell with the road, its not far out.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

If its at that sort of height you mention at 'normal setting' then thats about right, on mine or rather my BIL's it is slightly lower but as long as its in that general area then i shouldnt worry to much.....looks like you need to inform that 'other' driver he's riding HIGH :lol:

Ooww and mine was riding high by about 2 inches when I first bought the car, it never seemed to drive comfortably, informed the peeps on here and was advised to drop the car after posting some pics of the position of the car and tyre :lol: after the height was adjusted all was well.
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

i saw the same model over the weekend and the rear was a good 2 inches higher at the back and was roughly the same at the front.
Look at a few others and see how they compare to yours before you change anything....the one you saw may have been being driven in the intermediate high setting.