Activa Suspension Noise...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

saxtonma

Activa Suspension Noise...

Post by saxtonma »

I've just bought a 1999 Activa with 65000 miles on the clock.
On anything but smooth roads I can hear 'clunking' noises coming from under the car particularly from the NSF and OSR - it's very noticable when sitting in the front passenger seat.
The ride is very harsh (it reminds me of an old Mini running on a rubber block at each corner!) I'm not that familiar with this suspension but the noise is rather like some kind of worn bushes but I'm sure it's more complicated than that!
Generally the noise seems slightly quieter in 'sport' mode and the stop lamp goes out almost immediately on startup where upon the car does a 'bit of a dance' shortly after. I've contacted my local Citroen dealer who's immediate reaction was a slack handfull of new spheres for about £350.00.
The car is an ex company vehicle from a large fleet operator and has been fully serviced.
Any suggestions much appreciated - I don't know where to go from here...
pob

Post by pob »

mm I had something like this on my activa, when it was about the age of yours. It turned out be something like bushes (er think it was that) - the rear one had evaporated - there are two of these suspension points at opposite corners on the front and rear. Problem was detected by the garage after we got the mechanic to come out in the car with us, and we found the world's-roughest-road...at which point he sat in the back, took out the seat, and got investigating.
activa
My Cars:

Post by activa »

I think my Activa makes that noise too! It makes it when passing over harsh roads... It's sth from the front.
I would appreciate your information when you fix the problem..