Dashboard lights XM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nino1

Dashboard lights XM

Post by nino1 »

Hi, i was wondering how hard it is to get to the dashboard dial lights as they seem to be dimm and failing on mine. I see the two screws on the top of the dashboard cavity (i presume these are the first to go?)
It's a 98 XM
Anyway a quick howto would be apreciated.

Tnx.
sdabel
My Cars:

Post by sdabel »

Have a look here for some good how-tos with pictures.

(you might have to sign up)

http://club-xm.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=711

regards
sean
1996 XM 2.1 TD exclusive
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

The Haynes manual is helpful but not infallible. You can remove the instrument surround without taking the steering wheel off but it requires a bit of brute force and really needs to be done on a warm day when the plastic is fairly soft. There are two screws in the panel either side of the steering column but you should be able to get to these by lowering it to lowest setting. I seem to remember that there are also a couple behind the central air vent, I think this just pulls out. The switches will just pull out. If it wont come just check for more screws. The instrument panel unscrews at the bottom and pulls out at the top, I think! its sometime since I did one. There are a lot of bulbs. Make sure you check them all. The faulty illumination bulbs will probably have gone black.
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

It is a nice little job for a quiet Sunday pm. You will need around 60 miniature bulbs if you go for all of them, this will allow for a few breakages and failures but not many.
With care you can still leave the power on and listen to the radio!! Good luck.
Citroens are dedicated to those who take a big bite - and just keep on chewing!