xsara hdi-110 disc diameter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ebod
My Cars:

xsara hdi-110 disc diameter

Post by ebod »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I started replacing my front discs / pads today with some Mintex ones.

I got everything stripped off but when I went to put the new discs on, noticed they appeared smaller OD than the original ones.....

I checked the Haynes book and that implied most Xsaras had 247mm discs but the bigger engined models have 266mm discs. I was in a panic to but the car back together so didn't measure the old discs, but I checked the new ones and they were 266mm.

Checking the GSF car parts & mintex site, its possoble the 2.0VTS has 283mm discs, so I'm wondering if the 110-HDI actually has these also.

Otherwise I might have to see a shrink as I'm sure the 266mm discs were definately smaller than the ones I took off.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Why did'nt you gauge the diameter of the old discs ? - the only way to remove ANY un-certainty on the disc types in use on your particular Xsara HDI :wink:
Remove one front road wheel and gauge the disc diameter :!:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
ebod
My Cars:

Post by ebod »

AndersDK wrote:Why did'nt you gauge the diameter of the old discs ? -
I gave an explanation but since it wasn't clear enough I'll elaborate :-

I was in a race to get the job done because I was due at Old Trafford to see the last game of the season , in addition it started raining badly so picture this image of the 1970's Hulk tv program intro when Bill Baxter is in the pouring rain trying to change a tyre when his wheelbrace slips. At the point when I had wrestled the T55 torque screws out of the calipers to release the discs when I sudddenly noticed my new discs were too small, I felt like doing a Hulk and turning the car on its roof :evil:
But I knew the first priority was to get the car rolling. Also , I checked the Haynes manual I have and it implied there were only two sizes of disc (247mm & 266mm) therefore I 'assumed' I had been given the 247mm size. It was only later when I realised the new discs were actually 266mm that I got in a spin.

Anyway, I don't need to see a shrink as I checked with my local Citroen dealer this morning and they tell me that my discs are 283mm which is the same as the VTS. So anyody with a Xsara HDI-110 needs to be careful they don't get handed 266mm discs :?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Well now you know - dont you :lol:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image