Xantia rear raising when parked - sometimes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

LeeDJC
My Cars:

Xantia rear raising when parked - sometimes

Post by LeeDJC »

I changed the spheres on this car a few weeks ago, and since then when you stop at traffic lights etc and keep your foot on the brake, the car will ocasionally start to raise at the rear.

It doesn't do it all the time, but when it does you can hear the accumalator clicking away like mad (this needs changing by the way, not done it as of yet)

Is this happening because of the accumalator sphere being flat, or something more sinister?
2004 Berlingo Multispace HDI, 105000
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Sounds like normal (albeit annoying) behaviour to me...most Hydropneumatic Citroen's do it sometimes, its caused by an error in the height when you come to a stop (due to vehicle dynamics) together with the brake preventing the rear suspension from moving freely, which triggers the height corrector to try and correct the height...

Just ease off on the brake as you stop and it usually won't happen. Failing that use the handbrake after stopping at the lights.

If your suspension was pretty stiff before you changed the spheres it won't have done it, its only because its nice and soft now that it will happen...

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
LeeDJC
My Cars:

Post by LeeDJC »

Ah cool. Thanks Simon
2004 Berlingo Multispace HDI, 105000
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

yeh I find that but the other way round, if you stop quite suddenly the car, I assume, is nose down & it thinks hang on I'm sitting at a funny angle, I can sort this. & starts to lower the back, if you ease off the brake pedal it comes flying down, then if you put your foot on the brake again it goes, hang on I'm now sitting at another funny angle, I cna sort this too & beings to raise the back up.
Its most fun if you stop on a incline, you can spend ages, fooling the self-leveling.