Xantia Hdi any help please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroenNuts
My Cars:

Xantia Hdi any help please

Post by CitroenNuts »

Ok well the truth is out
My brilliant new cars has a few bugs
1: Clunking from the rear (sound like something lose) tried removing then setting the spare as this has caused fault on others but no luck will put it on the ramps tomorrow and see if I can find it
2: It farts and drops slightly at the front end when parked on any sort of hill

Any ideas would be helpful
So as to stop me going in the wrong way :roll:
deian

Post by deian »

what do u mean by farts? and drops slightly?

farts as in backfires of sorts?
and drops suspension wise?
CitroenNuts
My Cars:

Post by CitroenNuts »

well farts is the best way to describe it :lol: but groan or sound like an old door on a haunted house just after the engine is off though and it drops about 1/2" so not that much
deian

Post by deian »

like there is a strain on a belt or something? maybe the belt needs tightening?

and maybe the front suspension pistons need lubricating (hence the groaning/farting noise) because when you stop the weight shifts forwards onto the front making the pistons move down and then back up to settle?
CitroenNuts
My Cars:

Post by CitroenNuts »

Citrobics seem to have done the trick for the suspension the rear height corrector seems a bit slow but gets there in the end.

As for the clunking from the rear I’ve checked every thing I can have narrowed it down to the Tailgate area It seems to be the spoiler almost like the thing is hollow with metal in it rattling

Is the spoiler hollow or is it supposed to be foam filled fibreglass also does anyone know if there is any metal in it that could rattle or am I barking up the wrong tree
rabenson
My Cars:

Post by rabenson »

I don't know if the setup is the same but I had a similar clunky tailgate problem on my zx - DROVE ME UP THE WALL!! - turned out that the part of the tailgate catch fitted to the body (effectively a metal rod that the catch clamps onto) should have had a thin plastic shim around it. I wrapped a later of insulating tape around the rod and it was clunk and rattle free til the day I sold it!

Ron
2007 C6 2,7 HDI exclusive 95k
2004 C5 VTR HDI 103k
CitroenNuts
My Cars:

Post by CitroenNuts »

So went to remove the Spoiler see if that would help and the dam thing is also glued on aswell not just the 4 bolts

Anyone removed one before without damage to the boot lid as the glue is dam hard and no way or getting a knife in

Any Ideas?
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

CitroenNuts wrote:well farts is the best way to describe it :lol: but groan or sound like an old door on a haunted house just after the engine is off though and it drops about 1/2" so not that much
What is the condition of the accumulator sphere ?

The groaning noise you speak of is probably the front anti-sink valve oscillating.

This can happen when the height corrector tries to make a height correction just as the anti-sink valve is closing. (Due to a fall in main system pressure)

If the accumulator sphere is flat this can happen quite often. Another thing that could cause it is if there is a source of leakage in the system somewhere (such as leaky Hydractive 2 electrovalves) which bleed away the accumulator pressure quickly after you turn off the engine.

Basically anything that causes the main system pressure to dissapear quickly after the engine is stopped will cause this.

Mine used to make this groaning noise quite frequently when getting out of the car when I had a leaky electrovalve, but I don't think I've heard it once since I fixed that...

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

CitroenNuts wrote:So went to remove the Spoiler see if that would help and the dam thing is also glued on aswell not just the 4 bolts

Anyone removed one before without damage to the boot lid as the glue is dam hard and no way or getting a knife in

Any Ideas?
How strange...mine isn't glued at all, I wonder if a previous owner was a bit handy with the 'no nails' ??

Theclonking from the tailgate can almost certainly be cured by removing the two 'rubber buffers' from the base of the tailgate and turning the screws that the buffers cover a few turns at a time until the excess play (which causes the clonking) has been removed
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Mine occasionaly beeped (farted) but after correcting the ride height it never did it again :D
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(