Citroen CD Manual on Ebay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MattG
My Cars:

Citroen CD Manual on Ebay

Post by MattG »

Hi all

I'm new to your great forum and was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dllV ... Track=true

I have been looking every where for one of these and being in Australia it is a bit of a challenge finding information about these great cars.

Any assistance in finding a Factory Manual on CD for my 2002 VTS Xsara would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

MattG
2002 VTS Xsara
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

Anyone seen one of these for ZX's ?
Life feels good just as you complete No4 Glow Plug on a ZX-TD
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Anybody ever seen one of these by any chance?

I suggested Matt post here as I bought a Xantia CD over here that was described as being "interprited from French by (name escapes me) into a very understandable English" along with a lot of other wonderful promises.
It started with a warning about breaching copyright, but when I got into it, I discover the copyright is on his logo and I have bought a common old Haynes BOL in PDF which as we all know is about as much use as a t!t on a bull.
Are these things the same or are they the real thing??
Anybody any clues??

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
DJ-Studd
My Cars:

Post by DJ-Studd »

Hi Guys,
I'm also extremely interested in any documentation re a 2litre Xsara VTS.

It's impossible to find anything for the VTS.

:)

-- DJ
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

Hi,
I have bought 2 Citroen CD's from Ebay and both have been pretty crap. The 1st was a Pug 806 ( Cit Synergie clone ) which had about 50% of the content missing and the 2nd was from Germany which had an english translation via Greek, chinese, norwegian and peruvian - all done by a Guatamalan.
Can't comment on the standard of the ones that you have been looking at although they do seem to be very professional.
Many things about his ad don't ring true however.

1 - Seller is registered as private, how come he has what seems to be an inexhaustable supply of CD for loads of different models which he implies are original.

2 - Dig a little deeper and look at the last item that this guy PURCHASED from ebay. £1000's worth of DVD copier and printer. Sounds very much like he is making illegal copies to me.

Anyway if your prepared to risk a couple of quid ( and lets face it, I was ) give it a go what have you got to lose.

Keep us posted and let us know how good they are. I may just invest myself

Gammy
MattG
My Cars:

Post by MattG »

Hi Gammy

I havn't recieved a reply after 3 days asking if he would friegt to Australia. You might have better luck over there. It looks pretty proffesional though.

Doesn't have any Items in his "Store".
$11AUD plus frieght not that cheap.
I await his reply.

Cheers
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Some useful ZX, Xantia (and most others) information on this site

http://citroeny.cz/servis/servis.htm
jeremy
NiSk
My Cars:

Free manuals!

Post by NiSk »

Try digging around this french web site

http://pepon1.free.fr/

and you may find:

The complete original parts list for teh XM series 1 and 2

Parts list for BX

Instructions and parafinalia for the 2CV and Light 15

Peugeot 203, 404

And an aweful lot more that I don't understand!

//NiSk
'85 BX 16TRS, '91 XM injection 241,000 km (company car), '93 XM TD12 (515,000 km), '98 XM 2.5TD Break (320,000 km)
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

Hi all,

The CD in Matt's post on ebay is for the servicing data only and not for service and maintenance. It can't possibly be the factory manuals. He says it covers 11 models and amounts to 3000 pages. From personal experience the Series 2 XM manual is 1868 pages (approx 90% complete), the Series 1 XM manual is 1283 pages (approx 50% complete) the Xantia manual is 1587 pages ( approx 40% complete), the CX manual is 732 pages (100% complete for S2) and these are the proper factory manuals. I have no idea about the others but I suspect they must be inthe same order.

It is impossible for this CD to be the factory manuals for all of those models. There's simply not enough pages. I think the description has a little latitude to it. A sample page would prove it though. I suspect its like one of those Autodata manuals with the timing settings and the spark plug types etc.

You do get a nice label though. Seems to have spent more time on the label than the contents.

cheers

noz 8)
Fight the good fight against the governments stealth tax scheme of speed cameras
'88 CX 22TRS '87 CX 25GTI '95 XM 2.5TD VSX '96 XM 2.5TD VSX and '98 XM 2.5TD Exclusive
http://club-xm.com/forum/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? The Ride of Your Life !
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Hi Guys,

just so you realise, Don't buy CD's for the CX, GS, DS or traction from ebay !!!!!!!

These CD's are the real thing, proper factory spare parts and shop manuals that have been laborously scanned and saved to CD.

They are available free to anyone that wants them from many sources. Don't pay for something that was never intended to be a $$$ making venture !!!

seeya,
Shane L.
'96 Big BX 2.1TD exclusive slugomatic (aka XM)
'85 CX2500 GTi Turbo Series II (whoo hooo)
'96 Xantia VSX slugomatic (sold !!)
and of course, lots of old Citroens, slowly rusting away in pieces ;)