Citroen radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sue1
My Cars:

Citroen radio

Post by Sue1 »

We purcased a second hand xantia L reg and were more than happy with it until we had to replace the battery. We managed to get the radio code from a citroen dealer but how do we programme it in ?. We have disconnected the battery again to see if it will flash up code, but with no luck. Any advise would be great.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Ill find out exact details on this tomorrow, but we had this happen the other week. You have to press and hold one of the buttons for a couple of seconds, and it resets itself and asks for the code again.
Have a play with the buttons if your desperate, but i should be able to find out the exact button press 2morro
Vanny
Merseyside, UK
Citroenbx19rd@bxproject.co.uk
http://www.bxproject.co.uk
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Clock this thread, especially the bottom three posts.
http://www.andyspares.org/discussionfor ... PIC_ID=493
Dave
macdave69
My Cars:

Post by macdave69 »

I have used the above mentioned advice on my ZX and whilst it is slightly different, I now have a working radio. So this is what i did. Pressing the band button didn't seem to work so I pressed every button for 3 seconds. Giving up I switched it off. The next time I turned the radio on it asked for the code!
Pressing preset 1 gave the option of 1 or blank (0) prest 2, 3 & 4 were pressed repeatedly in turn to give the respective digit and preset 5 then let the radio burst into life. Most excellent
Dave
IanR
My Cars:

Post by IanR »

After disconnecting the battery some time back, mine (a 6-button job) wouldn't take the correct code. In the finish I disconnected it completely from its wiring harness, and left it for three days. When reconnected it then worked.

Edited by - IanR on 07 Jan 2003 11:17:54
macdave69
My Cars:

Post by macdave69 »

Arrrggghhh
Gone to the car tonight and the stereo has blocked me out again... This time nothing seems to make it work. Rats, I'm off on a 300 mile round trip tomorrow..... in silence
Dave