xantia walnut trim?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Barbarian

xantia walnut trim?

Post by Barbarian »

Is there anywhere you can actually buy the walnut trim that came in the exlusive models kitted out with leather interiors? I know you can buy walnut trim kits for alot of cars like golf ect.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

You can buy them from Citroen for £29.01 per door. Front trims 9314 L0 and 9414 L1, rear 9399 YE and 9399 YF.
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
Barbarian

Post by Barbarian »

how much is it for the bit that actually goes on the dash board and the gear knob, im sure there is a bit that goes on the grab bar as well.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The dash panel is in two parts, the piece that sits below the instruments is £80, but the piece including the two central vents is no longer listed in right hand drive.
Berlingo Multispace 05 1.6 HDI
Picasso 02 HDI SX
Xantia 97 TD VSX
Xantia 96 Activa
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

take a stoll up the breakers, we got the bit that does across the dials & under the vents, took a while to get out but cost us £5 I think. Looks much smarter gives the dash a splash of colour.
deian

Post by deian »

have a look at my photos if you want to see where the walnut trim parts are located. i posted on sunday a link to my flickr page. by the way they are not really walnut, just fake plastic, the gearknob is real wood though. i would prefer like a brushed aluminium trim on mine.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I had the option on the knob when I was in the breakers. IMO it just looks tacky, nasty & cheap. The black one suits it much better.
deian

Post by deian »

it's real wood, if the whole car was in that real wood I would be impressed, but trim strips themselves are painted plastic, you can even see the printed dots if you look close enough, THATS tacky, but it goes, it's just a decorative thing
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

oh yes I know its real. doesn't help tho.
Mothers Xant has the fully 'wood effect' trim that looks ok.
Dump the knob you know it makes sense! :lol:
deian

Post by deian »

evil boy :twisted:

no no no, i know what you mean, but no, i can't, it's a real thing, it used to be alive! :cry:

Plus citroen went out of their way to give us a tiny bit of real wood to try and fool us all into thinking the rest is real too! :x oh how they failed! But the tiny bit of real wood stays... unless...

What I would like to do is dump the whole wooden trim thing and go for the 'brushed aluminium' look wherever the wood is, i think that would work well with black leather. 8)
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

To paraphrase the ad: "I can't believe it's not real wood..."

Come on now guys! Is it, or isn't it!? I've not yet looked at my recent Activa acquisition that closely to say myself, but it'd be interesting to know!!

Andrew
deian

Post by deian »

the gearknob is, the rest isn't
Barbarian

Post by Barbarian »

deian wrote:evil boy :twisted:

no no no, i know what you mean, but no, i can't, it's a real thing, it used to be alive! :cry:

Plus citroen went out of their way to give us a tiny bit of real wood to try and fool us all into thinking the rest is real too! :x oh how they failed! But the tiny bit of real wood stays... unless...

What I would like to do is dump the whole wooden trim thing and go for the 'brushed aluminium' look wherever the wood is, i think that would work well with black leather. 8)
You can by the brushed aluminium dash kit from an aftermarket company for the xantia But i dont know if it has the door strips or if its just the front dash. Its a 17 piece set and covers alot more of the dash that citroen wood effect does. But its 125 pounds! ill try and find the link.
Barbarian

Post by Barbarian »

You actually have many options on the kits but i dont know if they look as good as the citroen ones

http://www.dashkitz.com/proddetail.asp? ... 4&cat=2624

this looks better

http://www.walnutdash.biz/models.htm
Last edited by Barbarian on 19 Apr 2006, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
deian

Post by deian »

thanks mate, not sure if i will get it though, £112 is a bit steep and risking a bad fit? i can't face shabbiness! ewww. i will ponder over it, again, thanks