zx diesel injector pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

coppertop

zx diesel injector pump

Post by coppertop »

My fuel injector pump seems to be leaking it's a lucas one, can you overhaul them or can you do a straight swap with one off a scrapper?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Seals are available from lucas - where is it leaking from?
jeremy
coppertop

Post by coppertop »

I can't tell for certain, but it seems to be coming from the spring thats connected to the accelerator on the top of it. Sorry I can't give a better description.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

You are right. There are 2 O-ring seals down there under the acc arm on the spindle. Can be replaced w/ pump in-situ. But fiddly job it is.

Can leak very badly from here (I know :oops: )
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
coppertop

Post by coppertop »

cheers Anders, How fiddly?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Fiddly because you have to constantly bend over and/or kneel down during the work with those small bits :wink:
Actual job is not that frightening - except when you lose parts down the engine bay :)
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Hi ..

Why not JUNK the crummy Lucas rubbish, and convert to good ole Bosch!

It is possible, I did it on a BX years ago.. The Lucas pumps also go on the Front seal and foul cam belts up with DREV!!

Its much easier to convert to bosch... Lock Belt and pump pully up, remove 4 dowl bolts holding pump on, remove injection pipes and 4 injectors etc, remove centre bolt on pully remove lucas pump, throw away. Now look on back plate, you will see three Vacant screw holes, remove the Dowls, and screw them in to the holes next to them - bare this in mind the Bosch pump top sits closer to the engine so the bottom dowl goes forward to itself, the forward most one goes up, and the rear most moves down. All comes to light in practice..

Replace BOSCH pump, get key in shaft lined up (Pullys are interchangeable between pumps) bolt pump up. Use the BOSCH injector pipes, its timing out put order is different, but still 1,3,4,2, bolt everything up, prime up and off you go!!!

I have a customer with a leaky Lucas pump, so need to source a Bosch pump.. Have pleanty of injectors though.

Regards
citroenxm
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

citroenxm wrote:Hi ..

Why not JUNK the crummy Lucas rubbish, and convert to good ole Bosch!

It is possible, I did it on a BX years ago.. The Lucas pumps also go on the Front seal and foul cam belts up with DREV!!

Its much easier to convert to bosch... Lock Belt and pump pully up, remove 4 dowl bolts holding pump on, remove injection pipes and 4 injectors etc, remove centre bolt on pully remove lucas pump, throw away. Now look on back plate, you will see three Vacant screw holes, remove the Dowls, and screw them in to the holes next to them - bare this in mind the Bosch pump top sits closer to the engine so the bottom dowl goes forward to itself, the forward most one goes up, and the rear most moves down. All comes to light in practice..

Replace BOSCH pump, get key in shaft lined up (Pullys are interchangeable between pumps) bolt pump up. Use the BOSCH injector pipes, its timing out put order is different, but still 1,3,4,2, bolt everything up, prime up and off you go!!!

I have a customer with a leaky Lucas pump, so need to source a Bosch pump.. Have pleanty of injectors though.

Regards
citroenxm
For the average DIY owner - this is a project beyond realistic means ...
coppertop

Post by coppertop »

Anders, I've got the new o ring seals. Could you give me a quick step by step guide as to what to expect/how to fix the leak?

Thanks
coppertop

Post by coppertop »

job is now jobbed, thanks