Radio Code every time?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jshodgson
My Cars:

Radio Code every time?

Post by Jshodgson »

Every time I turn on my ignition the radio asks for the Code. Does anyone have any ideas? Could this be linked to the problem I have with my steering wheel controls (the volume buttons don't always control the volume, they sometimes activate the memo function).

Ta
Had (Saxo VTR 1999 (T) LPG converted - do not ask!!!)
Had (Xantia LX TD 1995 (M) 144,000 miles)
Had (Xantia TD Estate (N) 147,000 miles !)
NOW GOT Picasso 2.0HDi (02) 96,000 miles
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

It sounds like you have lost the permanent live feed to the stereo, I had a similar problem with my ZX which miraaculously cured itself when I had thee steering column apart, probably a dodgy connection but where?
Stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I would concur. If you check the two 12v supplies to your radio, one will come live with the ignition, the other should be permamant. If you cant find the problem, wire it into a permanant supply somwhere i.e the cigarette lighter.
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

A few of the radio models available to Citroen and others gave you the option to programme the radio to seek the code before each operation. So if the live feed is present this may the cause.
If the live is there at all times then the radio will function with the key out of the ignition in the normal manner. Both of mine shut off after about 45 minutes in this mode. Robin
Citroens are dedicated to those who take a big bite - and just keep on chewing!