Xantia Roof Bars

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

LeeDJC
My Cars:

Xantia Roof Bars

Post by LeeDJC »

I bought a set of these cheap the other day. Unfortunately they didn't have any bolts with them. Has anyone got any idea what size I need? I don't want to strip the thread in the car as I'll be completely buggered if I do that!!!

Cheers ;o)

EDIT: They're the orginal citroen type btw
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Well, they will be metric for sure. I have numerous boxes of odd nuts and bolts so I just try until I find one to fit. I would think they would probably be 13 mm AF (spanner size) but could be 11 or 12. The easiest way would be to got you your local friendly car parts supplier and ask to try some.
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

I think they are M5 about 10mm long. I used shallow head cap screws in mine. They cost something and nothing, you will need 8 in total.
Neil
Now Citrtoenless
LeeDJC
My Cars:

Post by LeeDJC »

BonceChops wrote:I think they are M5 about 10mm long. I used shallow head cap screws in mine. They cost something and nothing, you will need 8 in total.
Thanks - I hope you're right tho. I've just commited £1.60 of my hard earned cash to buying some off eBay! lol
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

LeeDJC wrote:
BonceChops wrote:I think they are M5 about 10mm long. I used shallow head cap screws in mine. They cost something and nothing, you will need 8 in total.
Thanks - I hope you're right tho. I've just commited £1.60 of my hard earned cash to buying some off eBay! lol
If they are wrong my guilt will force me to send you some in the post :lol:
Neil
Now Citrtoenless