ignition switch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john alexander
My Cars:

ignition switch

Post by john alexander »

HI there, thought I would pass on my method for repairing the problem of Heater fan & rear screen not working. 1. remove lower cover behind steering wheel , make sure to break the plastic round the hidden screw. 2. remove the panel below the steering column. 3.unplug the three connectors, small screw and remove barrel and switch assembly. 4. remove the cable clamp , torx screw and split the assembly, place the metal parts to one side taking care to drop the spring. 5. using a small screwdriver prise the black cover off the switch , there should be 4 banana shaped springs, 4 small plastic balls, and 4 copper bridging pieces, ensure these fall onto the floor of the car. 6. spend at least half an hour finding them again and go into the house. 7. clean all the parts and reassemble, find all the parts and reassemble , repeat this stage untill you think to stick it all in place with vaseline. the springs are fitted after the cover has been refitted, through holes in the cover. 8. reassemble the ignition switch and try it on the car. 9.repeat section 3.to 8. 10.repeat 3.to 8. 11.repeat 3.to 8. 12. go to scrappy and get another one. 13. well you know the rest from the BOL. 14. lie down in a room with rubber wallpaper Regards john.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

:lol:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image